danl
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/06 07:38 PM
Lost to a SRT-4 in the GST today

I was coming home from a drink and cheezesteak with friends tonight at 8pm. They were heading up the mountain and I was going solo home in the valley. I just got back from a st. pattys weekend in pittsburgh in the green 1991 gst. Its all stock with the heatshields removed from the turbo, custom oil leak on the oil pan, removed balance shafts, and boost coming straight off the wastegate (approximatley 7psi). I'm on fresh 92 octane, but its running like shit. Feels like its pulling timing but the 193K motor is just probably trying to seize. A white SRT-4 paces me, checks it out, and then spools and lets off. Apparently the mismatched door handle and headlight cover meant that I'm a hardcore racer. I spool, and my car actually stumbles, and decelerates. I dunno wtf is up, its like all the timing is being pulled upon boost anymore. He then guns it and puts about 10 buslenghts as I put it in neutral trying to keep it alive and free revving it to clear it out.

Man I wish I had my white car finished I wouldn't even have raced. I would have just smoked the tires for a second then let off and smiled.

ScottStaypuff
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/06 08:02 PM
Re: Lost to a SRT-4 in the GST today

I've always found about 10X the people want to race me when I'm in my slow car. WTF???

96maxima
(Jr Member)
03/12/06 08:24 PM

Quote:

I've always found about 10X the people want to race me when I'm in my slow car. WTF???

dude no joke. I have been driving the wife's 4-cylinder mazda 6 for a few weeks. I had a guy in like a 94 Z28 rev me the other day at a light about 100 yards from a merge. I could not do anything about it. Even if I was in my truck I could have got him, but no. It never fails.

Nealoc187
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/06 08:30 PM

lol when i saw the title of this post and before reading it I was like "holy shit that is one fast SRT4" then I saw it was your slow car.

ewraven
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/06 09:22 PM

Yep, me too. But then I read it again and I already know the white car is front wheel drive.

tropicana
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/06 09:47 PM

Of course you lost.

Sukkoi18
(Jr Member)
03/12/06 10:02 PM

I always get the guys that want to race when the bottles empty or the blower belt is off. Never fails.

Gab
(Post Master Supreme)
03/13/06 08:47 AM

Quote:

That's when a sleeper comes in handy

diku
(Post Master Sr)
03/13/06 09:21 AM

Quote:

I was coming home from a drink and cheezesteak with friends tonight at 8pm.

go fuck yourself. i didn't even read the rest of your post after this.

*jealous*

danl
(Post Master Supreme)
03/13/06 09:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's when a sleeper comes in handy

Have you seen my white car?

M3Pilot or M3Driver
(Post Master Sr)
01/28/19 09:04 PM

I know it always happens like that to me too.