Kierf
(Post Master Supreme)
03/29/13 08:01 PM
I found some of my old photos!

I was unpacking yesterday and came across some mounted photos from a photography class several years ago. They were all mounted, which I hated doing. Anyways, I took pictures of them with my cell last night. The originals are long gone. 3 hard drive failures within a few months will do that. I'll never buy Seagate again.

Construction in Las Vegas (Aria).

Violin.

Ex-wife with above violin.

Rhyolite, Nevada.

Rhyolite, Nevada.

Rhyolite, Nevada.

Ex-wife and friends.

Shower.

I really need get back into shooting. Not having a computer to do anything with my photos makes it difficult. However, with my new place, I'll have more time to do it and space to have a computer again.

Also, I recommend to anyone to go to Rhyolite, Nevada if they're visiting Las Vegas. It is about 90 minutes north and it is strange.

Stacey J
(Newbie)
05/05/13 08:01 PM
Re: I found some of my old photos!

Nice pics.

ewraven
(Post Master Supreme)
05/06/13 03:39 PM

Neat pictures. I had to look up Rhyolite. That does sound like a neat and yet weird place.

I love coming across old pictures. I recently found a bunch I had scanned in when looking for a particular picture.

Your Seagate experience scares me. My 1tb drive in my Desktop is a Seagate. I keep it backed up to a RAID 1 Network drive with two Western Digital drives. But it would still suck if it failed.

Kierf
(Post Master Supreme)
05/06/13 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ewww,ruiner
Neat pictures. I had to look up Rhyolite. That does sound like a neat and yet weird place.

I love coming across old pictures. I recently found a bunch I had scanned in when looking for a particular picture.

Your Seagate experience scares me. My 1tb drive in my Desktop is a Seagate. I keep it backed up to a RAID 1 Network drive with two Western Digital drives. But it would still suck if it failed.

I bought 2 Seagate drives, had them in RAID 1. Both drives failed with days of each other. I got the replacements, one of the replacements failed. I never bothered with a replacement for the replacement and I never put anything important on the other replacement. \:\(