240sx805
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/12 09:01 PM
Walking around shooting, rapid fire question

Do you shoot rapid fire? I noticed that a lot of pro looking people do this when shooting events. Is this to avoid someone blinking? Is it worth it to shoot 3 shot bursts?

scootergeek
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/12 12:00 AM
Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question

Storage is essentially a non-cost issue. Why not shoot on continuous high in case somebody blinks or the AF gets derpy or what have you?

Hell, when I'm out in the woods and shooting handheld, my framing tends to be less than perfect, so in continuous high, at least one of the frames is likely to have just the borders I want.

It's just another instance of technology offering you advantages that it would be silly to ignore, but some people do in the name of "purity" (like goofs who shoot in Manual mode when they aren't in full control of the lighting - and so just imitate slowly and imperfectly what their camera would do for them instantly and correctly).

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/16/12 01:04 PM

Depends for me. Most of the time, i'm at least in Continuous Low. Single shot when i'm doing Macro, and Continuous High in time sensitive shoots.

GB
(Post Master Supreme)
11/17/12 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: cousin Scott
Storage is essentially a non-cost issue. Why not shoot on continuous high in case somebody blinks or the AF gets derpy or what have you?

Hell, when I'm out in the woods and shooting handheld, my framing tends to be less than perfect, so in continuous high, at least one of the frames is likely to have just the borders I want.

It's just another instance of technology offering you advantages that it would be silly to ignore, but some people do in the name of "purity" (like goofs who shoot in Manual mode when they aren't in full control of the lighting - and so just imitate slowly and imperfectly what their camera would do for them instantly and correctly).

well put.

240sx805
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/12 01:03 PM

Played with it a bit this weekend

ewraven
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/12 05:33 PM

Nice catch!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/19/12 10:18 PM

Now use it to catch muzzle fire. ;\)

240sx805
(Post Master Supreme)
11/21/12 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: GSParker
Now use it to catch muzzle fire. ;\)
I half passed tried, but never went balls out taking a ton of pictures waiting for them to fire.

tylerdurden
(Post Master Supreme)
11/21/12 11:59 AM

I like to lock focus and reframe, so no continuous for me.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
11/22/12 03:45 AM

Only when things are moving quickly and if I'm not using a speedlite.

flyEX #1
(Post Master Supreme)
11/22/12 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Harry P0tter

Originally Posted By: cousin Scott

well put.

Amen. I take at least two-three exposures of everything for the same reason. Especially when using slow shutter for low light in case anything moves, blinks. It's nice to have several frames to choose from.