Si's_RUS
(Poster)
07/31/07 03:08 PM
H22 A SWAP

first h22 swap almost completed have a minor question about the clutch hydro line.the prelude has a different style of hose and a molded elbow id guess youd call it.w/this set up you have to lengthen the pipe from the clutch m/c,has anyone installed the pipe and hose off the dseries which allowes you to retain things in the factory position,does the molded "elbow" have anything to do with clutch function?or is it simply a design due to body style thanks in advance

Si's_RUS
(Poster)
08/03/07 03:19 PM
Re: H22 A SWAP

ok so ill answer my own question.as seems to be the issue with most of the questions with this swap.doesnt seem to be a whole lot of free trust worthy info out there yet.no the origanl prelude hose and "elbow" has nothing to do with the function of the clutch,installed d series hose and pipe bled system works perfect.hopefully maiden voyage tonight,and off to the exhaust shop tomm.

Import Tuner
(Post Master Sr)
08/04/07 01:46 AM

Sorry for the late reply...
But yea, you generally just unbolt the existing clutch hydraulics and set them aside without ever even opening up the system...
Once the motor and trans are installed you bolt the existing components (clutch slave and lines) back up...
I didn't understand your question about a molded elbow...

Si's_RUS
(Poster)
08/04/07 03:24 PM

i guess molded elbow wasnt a proper description i must have been dilerous lol.its a cast aluminum 90 degree fitting and the prelude hose has a banjo type fitting on it sort of like the fuel line.sometimes things appear to made for design purposes and actually is that way because of function,in this case it was just a design thing the d series hose and pipe worked perfect.started the car on a obd1 ecu and drove it to siadams today and he hooked us up with a h22 program for the s 300 hondata thanks adam,havent got to ride in yet the boys a runnin the wheels off of it lol imagine that

Import Tuner
(Post Master Sr)
08/05/07 03:10 PM

Oh, Ok, I know what you're talking about now...
The clutch slave line bolts to the trans above the shifter to secure the rubber hose...
IF the hose wasn't secure, part of the pedal travel would involve moving the hose rather than pressurizing the system and activating the slave cylinder...

Your Civic is hard line through that area...

2.2RoadRunner
(Post Master Sr)
11/30/08 06:48 AM

Hey Donny!

Ok, So any civic/integra (eg/eg dc) that you put the h22 into:

The cable will bolt up just fine, its a matter of getting the tension right in the line.

Honestly; the clutch cables are the LEAST of your worries with this swap.

2.2RoadRunner
(Post Master Sr)
11/28/09 07:14 AM

WOW.

seriously???

almost 2 yrs without a post?

elohel
(Newbie)
03/30/10 12:34 PM

bump?