slow-s
(Newbie)
04/16/08 02:02 AM
what can the JRSC setups run??

Quick question. I did a search and didnt find a result. What are the supercharged guys running in the 1/4? I am thinking of going that way instead of turbo, I have already had a turbo car and want something new. Thanks for the help guys.

CHRIS

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
04/16/08 08:17 PM
Re: what can the JRSC setups run??

Depends on a lot of factors.

What kind of car, what motor, which pulley, what supporting mods.....

I had a 99si with the base kit when it came out. Just the kit alone did make more power, but nowhere near what a well planned turbo kit can on a stock block.

The power is a pretty linear, but again a well planned turbo kit can be very linear as well.

slow-s
(Newbie)
04/16/08 08:29 PM

about stock weight, with the upgraded pulley and basic supporting mods(intake, header, exhaust, etc). I like the fact that i can get a used kit for 1grand, and still have a super relaible car. My rsx-s had a full turbo system, so i really want to try something new

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
04/16/08 11:09 PM

Believe me, I understand. You might have some better luck doing a search in the boost forum for k series cars with JRSC setups. Personally, I think it's going to feel better down low, but you're going to miss that deep in the seat feel a turbo on full can give.

slow-s
(Newbie)
04/16/08 11:23 PM

so what times do you think these setups can pull?

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
04/17/08 07:51 PM

Mid to high 13's would be my guess. Most of the setups I've seen run about 220-245 whp. Traction is not your friend.

slow-s
(Newbie)
04/18/08 09:38 AM

really!?! thats not very good at all. i was hoping that some guys would be near high 12's. but if sub 250 is a prob for traction, how r the 300+ turbo guys hooking up?