(Jr Member)
10/11/07 11:18 PM
Did He Hit The Cone or Not?

Well, did he?

SamuraiSam
(Post Master Sr)
10/12/07 04:27 AM
Re: Did He Hit The Cone or Not?

Wow, look at the driver's side tire pulling away from the rim.

Yes, he did. His tire was inside the chalk, so he gets docked.

Runnin@Redline
(Jr Member)
10/12/07 07:23 AM

Remember, it only counts if the cone is outside the chalk box, the tire inside the clalk does not matter!

greenmaxse
(Newbie)
10/12/07 12:39 PM

If the cone was still standing and any part of the cone was touching the box; then there's no penalty.

samkarp
(Post Master Sr)
10/12/07 02:49 PM

Come on Adam, I have had much closer encounters than that!

I am guessing that is the +1 on your 68.582+1 run...............

Runnin@Redline Jr
(Post Master Sr)
10/13/07 04:20 PM

Looking at the picture, you would think its that one \:D but remember where that corner is on the track (last box before the left hander into the finish) think about what the car was doing then \:D

super_nguyen
(Post Master)
10/13/07 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: greenmaxse
If the cone was still standing and any part of the cone was touching the box; then there's no penalty.

thats how we define a cone penalty at our auto-x's its the "down and out" rule.

greenmaxse
(Newbie)
10/15/07 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: super_nguyen

thats how we define a cone penalty at our auto-x's its the "down and out" rule.

That's standard SCCA regulations. I've seen some clubs do it differently. One club locally in Ct counts pointer cones, and I've seen some clubs only add 1 second per cone. I prefer SCCA regs, plus it keeps it consistent.

AX-NY'06Si
(Jr Member)
10/15/07 03:07 PM

+1.

But I think the question was whether the car actually hit the cone to result in the penalty. My CSI (Crime Scene Investigation - not this website) skills say that the arm placement of the driver indicates that a countersteer is in progress and there is a 30% probability that the cone was left standing.

Gorgeous pic BTW! I have our last event this Friday, then off come the Azenis!

Runnin@Redline Jr
(Post Master Sr)
10/15/07 03:35 PM

The section coming into this right 90 100 foot center right 90 box was very fast, IE almost the the rev limiter, atleast 50+ mph if that gives any clue \:\)

Plus, if i was moving forward why would the tire be pulling off like that? ;\)

skierd
(Post Master Sr)
10/16/07 08:54 PM

I'm going with no, slide baby slide!

sleeper_crx
(Sr Member)
10/18/07 02:12 AM

I'm gonna say yeah he hit it look at the line he took then try and picture the rear wheels following if anything the rear wheels hit and knocked the cone over

JSIR
(Post Master Sr)
12/20/10 05:04 PM

I don't know about the cone, but are you guys (Karp, Redline, and Redline Jr.) still going hard after all these years ?, lol. BTW Is Scott (MadtownSi) still around these parts ?

Sorry, but I've been away from things for a few years, I've been busy raising a family and unfortunately I've been driving family vehicles since leaving CSI. I finally got back into a car that I can enjoy at the track again. I thought I'd search around and see who's doing what. Things must be pretty slow around here, this thread is 3 years old ? lol.

Best regards to everyone, I hope you're all doing well.
Joey

Runnin@Redline
(Jr Member)
12/30/10 09:57 PM

Joey,

well I am still having fun killing cones.. not many track days; Sam still races, though not as much as he used to and Adam races when he is in town! I still have my original SI!

Runnin@Redline Jr
(Post Master Sr)
01/02/11 05:17 PM

Joey!

Karp and Redline are still Auto-xing after all these years, I am working out of Australia now, so Autox has taken a side step for now. Not sure how much Sam or my dad visti CSi these days either, but hey I know Karp is on facebook.

Csi is pretty slow in general, all over cept the Out There forum, and like you said, this thread is 3 years old. Glad to see you back around here, we had some good times at Gingerman! My dad still has his Si btw.

Oh yeah, I missed that cone \:D

JSIR
(Post Master Sr)
01/07/11 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Runnin@Redline
Joey,

well I am still having fun killing cones.. not many track days; Sam still races, though not as much as he used to and Adam races when he is in town! I still have my original SI!

That's sweet, great that you still have the original SI, nice to hear from both of you. Adam I hope all is well with you in Australia, sounds like a nice place to be. I wish you both all the best, I had some fun times at Gingerman, I just resurected some old event pics the other day. Best regards guys.

chicguy
(Newbie)
03/09/12 09:08 AM

Come on Adam, I have had much closer encounters than that!

brucegracy
(Newbie)
03/15/12 05:27 AM

Is it so fun in killing the cones!!!