4gen
(Post Master Sr)
01/12/08 10:42 PM
Woohoo got my AVIC-Z2 in!

Spent all day yesterday and today getting it cleanly installed. To retain the Onstar and Bose (oh noes bose \:o ) I picked up a GMOS-04 and to retain the steering wheel controls I got an adapter also, but have yet to throw that in. Just wanted to get the unit in and functioning. It's so much fun watching movies or family guy while you drive, haha.

The Pioneer AVIC-Z2 is a double-DIN size, GPS navigation system equipped with a 30GB hard disk drive (HDD) to deliver information, entertainment and convenience while you travel. The Tele Atlas database offers 12 million Points Of Interest (POI) with ultra-fast processing to get you where you need to be, fast and easy. Get maximum navigation efficiency through an enhanced display of traffic condition from 1-2.5 mile map scales on a large 7" display. The AVIC-Z2 uses a Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine and Tele Atlas phoneme data, which enables the system to accurately pronounce street names during voice guidance. The AVIC-Z2 allows use of up to 10GB of its HDD space for a music library Gracenote CDDB Music Recognition Service to tags your music. Access your favorite songs simply by saying the artist name, song title, genre or album title. The Gracenote CDDB database for your AVIC-Z2 is updated every 4-6 months. The AVIC-Z2 ensures extremely easy access to roadside assistance information showing emergency phone numbers and your current location by street name, city, and state, plus longitude and latitude. US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii Coverage Area 3D Hybrid Sensor (Gyro & G-Force) GPS Receiver and 8 Channel Antenna Included Voice Instructions - Playback Recorded Voice & TTS (Text to Speech) 3D Highway Exit Zoom View Emergency Mode Display 1-Year Roadside Assistance Included 24-Station/6-Button (18FM/6FM) Presets BSM (Best Stations Memory) Local Station Setting Selectable (4-Step) IP-Bus System, Multi-CD, DVD Controls Built-in Speaker Power - MOS-FET 50W x 4 Continuous Power Output - 22W x 4 EEQ Equalizer (3-Band Parametric) SFEQ (Sound Focus EQ) XM Radio Ready with Enhanced Graphical, GEX-P10XMT or GEX-P920XM optional accessory required Sirius Radio Ready, SIR-PNR2 optional accessory required iPod Adapter Capable Adapter, CD-IB100II optional accessory required Auxiliary Input CD-RB1

I have the Bluetooth module and the iPod interface so I can control my ipod from the head unit and answer calls. Love it so far, next stop is avic411.com \:D

Nastie_0ne
(Jr Poster)
01/15/08 08:25 PM
Re: Woohoo got my AVIC-Z2 in!

Lookin pretty nice...how much did it set you back?

4gen
(Post Master Sr)
01/16/08 06:47 PM

1500 on ebay with the ipod and bt adapter, oh, and the steering wheel interface and bose/onstar adapter

KurtzBoom
(Newbie)
02/03/08 12:31 AM

I would like to buy same like for my car.. Are there some other cheaper models available..

Kurtz

Watch Georgeous Videos

http://www.Adamtube.com

wjc05sti
(Poster)
03/05/08 01:13 PM

How much of that 30GB can u use to store music/videos/etc?

Did u think about a CarPC instead? If not, why?

4gen
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/08 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: KurtzBoom
I would like to buy same like for my car.. Are there some other cheaper models available..
yes, the D3 and N3 are cheaper...

Originally Posted By: wjc05sti
How much of that 30GB can u use to store music/videos/etc?

Did u think about a CarPC instead? If not, why?

I dont think a car pc has the correct UI for what i want to do, i dont need to do computing, i need to watch dvd's, listen to music and store music

10 gig is allocated for the navigation system, and 20 you can use for music

wjc05sti
(Poster)
03/07/08 04:45 PM

UI???

The CarPC is always never installed to do computing. It replaced a regular head unit and does what you want, such as watch DVDs, listen to music, store music, gps, etc. It just gives you better control such as loading as much music/movies/videos as you want since you can place 100+GB hard drives. Loading different software as fas as GPS, front ends, etc.

It does the same thing, but with better control and much more options to upgrade.

Nology
(Jr Poster)
06/27/08 02:46 PM

I had one of those for a few weeks. the NAVI sucked and routed me all over the friggin place. Not enough options for a good SQ sound system either.

Agro
(Jr Member)
07/14/08 12:04 AM

Nice setup.

I have the Z1 which I upgraded to the Z2 (via pirated downloaded .ISO file), which I upgraded to the Z3 (with another downloaded .ISO file). I wish there was actually some improvements over the Z other than basically maps, bluetooth update (not even a real major fix), and temperate firmware fix.

Enjoy it.

4gen
(Post Master Sr)
07/14/08 05:52 AM

well it got stolen, i loved it while i had except a few things, like the ipod control

UxiSi
(Post Master Supreme)
10/25/08 11:45 AM

Stolen? Story?

4gen
(Post Master Sr)
10/25/08 11:15 PM

went down to the bars, parked in a shady lot, came back to a broken passenger window, z2 gone, alpine pdx amp gone, rf amp gone, glock gone, about 3k worth of stuff, not covered under insurance...

UxiSi
(Post Master Supreme)
10/27/08 06:49 PM

why not? My insurance replaced my AVN2454 when someone tried to steal it and just broke the screen off. They sent me an AVN6610 with a voucher for installation and I still have the broken 2454 (been meaning to fix it up and put it in my old ladies car).

Apolleowp
(Newbie)
10/16/14 11:58 AM

Thank you for your posts! Very interesting!

Benia0818
(Newbie)
01/23/15 12:56 AM

The CarPC is always never installed funda galaxy A7 to do computing.