iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/13 11:51 PM
Vancouver to Victoria (Vancouver Island)

I will be heading to BC in May with family. I have decided to take my parents to the Vancouver Island for a day trip.
I looked on BC Ferries website and found out the estimate fares ($115 each trip with car + 3 adults).

Should I pay advance to reserve a spot or these ferries never sold out and can buy ticket on the date of?

TIA \:\)

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/05/13 09:07 AM
Re: Vancouver to Victoria (Vancouver Island)

I would pay in advance and reserve a spot otherwise you would have to be there 1 - 1.5 hours in advance to try and be sure you get a spot on the ferry as they do sell out all the time.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/13 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Lost^
I would pay in advance and reserve a spot otherwise you would have to be there 1 - 1.5 hours in advance to try and be sure you get a spot on the ferry as they do sell out all the time.

Good info, thanks!

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/13 02:39 PM

If I pay a premium to reserve a spot, I can just show up on time and get on the ferry right?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/05/13 03:38 PM

You have to be there a bit early obviously before cast off time even if you have a reservation just to get loaded and what not. If you don't mind waiting an hour and a half or so then no reservation, if you want to save some time or definitely need to be on the boat then reserve a spot and get there 30-40 mins before cast off.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/13 04:13 PM

Sounds good, thanks Lost!