furball
(Post Master Sr)
01/25/19 07:54 AM
Trashed my car while drunk ...

So let's make up a story about being car-jacked!

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/01/24/a...-finch-station/

Quote:
An alleged impaired driver has been arrested after crashing his car and telling police he had been robbed at gunpoint and stabbed.

Police say they were first called to the area of Willowdale and Cummer Avenues just after 9:30 p.m. to reports a car had struck a pole and a driver had fled the scene.

Shortly after, officers were told a man had reportedly been robbed at gunpoint and stabbed at Finch subway station.

A Good Samaritan drove the man to hospital and police reported his black Ford Escape had been stolen.

Police located the driver and found he was impaired — officials said the man blew twice over the legal limit.

Officers now believe the suspect allegedly made up the gunpoint robbery to evade the collision.

He’s been arrested for impaired driving and is expected to be charged with obstructing justice and public mischief.

Mr.Bozack
(Sr Member)
01/25/19 08:00 AM
Re: Trashed my car while drunk ...

Damn went from bad to worse for that guy.

Would he have been better off to leave the seen and grab a beer somewhere?

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
01/25/19 01:33 PM

I'm so sick of my local news reporting alleged bullshit. Huge gun problem in our city yet they worried about ppl driving. Foh

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
01/25/19 02:07 PM

On further note, how about the news not reporting over 15 Chinese restaurants in North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham have been robbed?

That being said, had a buddy eating in a restaurant at Don Mills/ Finch the other day (Chinese restaurant). Masked guys came in and robbed everyone's phones, keys, wallets, and then robbed the resto.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
01/25/19 02:15 PM

damn that's right near my highschool lol.

and had no idea the chinese restaurants have been getting robbed that's messed up.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
01/25/19 02:24 PM

First Markham place, Finch/Leslie, Finch/Don Mills, and Pmall (outside the small little village). I'm only aware of these places.

Before Chinese people use to get robbed outside in the car at places like Finch/Leslie, waiting for their food to take home.

Now there is a video at Bayview/Major Mac, with a ring of 4-5 (women and men) are slashing tires, alerting the owner, while distracting them, robbing them. Was release by York Region Police.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
01/25/19 02:56 PM

seen that vid...just moved away from the area - but yeah wtf - i was in that plaza easy once a week if not more. given how busy it is, shocked they could pull it off....so messed up. i wish ppl could tell their tire has been slashed \:\( as it is pretty obvious.

it's fucked how these thug rings get away with this shit (prob working for a higher up evil empire). sucks we have to be on guards 24/7 in the city now all the time.

re. the chinese resto's being robbed...i'm used to hearing about the ones in scarb way back when. but i did not know such thugs were brazen enough to be pulling that shit in markham/RHill today...that's messed up. as usual MSM hiding this shit.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
01/26/19 08:05 PM

15?!

Originally Posted By: OracerO
On further note, how about the news not reporting over 15 Chinese restaurants in North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham have been robbed?

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
01/26/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: OracerO

Saw some pix forwarded on whatsapp - of a series of restaurants w/ their doors smashed (a la kitchen -- the one that's just outside of FMP) and its neighbours -- no context to it; i figured it was after hours.

Quote:

That being said, had a buddy eating in a restaurant at Don Mills/ Finch the other day (Chinese restaurant). Masked guys came in and robbed everyone's phones, keys, wallets, and then robbed the resto.

That's fucked - happened to a friend of mine quite a few years ago - scared the shit out of her (not surprised) --

These guys know Chinese businesses operate mostly in cash (and mainland chinese always carry high end stuff on them) and Chinese don't fight back - its an easy grab for these fuckers.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
01/28/19 07:19 AM

A robbery apparently happened a week ago at an All-Day Breakfast joint, owner ran after them and rammed their car .... all for $55 in the register \:\|

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/91...es-down-robber/

pics: https://imgur.com/a/AaVXpJH

UPDATE with more links to the 'other' robberies:

You'll need to click "Translate" in Chrome for Google to Engrish the following 2 links ...

http://www.bcbay.com/news/2019/01/26/620359.html

http://www.mingpaocanada.com/tor/htm/News/20190121/taa1_r.htm

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
01/28/19 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: furball
A robbery apparently happened a week ago at an All-Day Breakfast joint, owner ran after them and rammed their car .... all for $55 in the register \:\|

What am I looking at here, a bloody ice scraper? Did the article forget to mention there was a physical altercation and someone got hacked with one of these?

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
01/28/19 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
damn that's right near my highschool lol.

and had no idea the chinese restaurants have been getting robbed that's messed up.

Most of these Chinese restaurants advertised on their front door "Cash Only". I am sure the thieves caught the message hence the target robbery.

jackedUP_hatch
(Jr Member)
01/29/19 04:45 PM

Yeah the 'cash only' places are simple targets.

Nothing worse than showing up drunk, eating a meal then you see the sign. Either it's a sketchy atm on site of a trek to the local bank to settle.

Maybe it's time to legitimize and use POS machines and allow card transaction

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
01/29/19 06:52 PM

Maybe it’s the triads creating a “problem” and then asking for protection money...