OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/12/18 11:43 AM
Need some advice

Wife's preg.

School me on android boxes? She needs entertainment. Please.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/18 12:55 PM
Re: Need some advice

nvidia shield

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/18 01:18 PM

shield is excellent, but i read something where they couldn't run 3rd party apps (ie. can you get it modded/burned so it does now?) - or did it always? it is pricey though.

i just run a good octa-core unit, i forget the name brand but it's on of those small black square ones. make sure you don't get anything below a 6-core at minimum...they are cheap so octa is no brainer, they usually have decent RAM too. don't get the cheapo ones.

this is the 'newest' one i've seen but not sure if it is good or not:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/st-c...gationFlag=true

my 'kodi' guy i use i found on kijiji and he's been great for contact re. iptv and updates if i needed.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/12/18 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
shield is excellent, but i read something where they couldn't run 3rd party apps (ie. can you get it modded/burned so it does now?) - or did it always? it is pricey though.

i just run a good octa-core unit, i forget the name brand but it's on of those small black square ones. make sure you don't get anything below a 6-core at minimum...they are cheap so octa is no brainer, they usually have decent RAM too. don't get the cheapo ones.

my 'kodi' guy i use i found on kijiji and he's been great for contact re. iptv and updates if i needed.

Oh that kijiji one looks good.
Do these apps go down and i need t re-flash/update them?

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/18 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: OracerO

they do need updating once in awhile but it's not a must, they still work. usually the most up to date ver. will run better though. SHOWBOX is what i'm usually using these days but KODI still works ok. teaTV i think still works ok as well but I think terrarium is down for good now. those are some for you to use for sure. sportsdevil is good but i assume your wife won't care for that lol.

if you want IPTV 'live tv' for like $6-10 bucks a month you can try it and see, i used it moreso for the kids to watch shows and some overseas stuff ourselves but soooo many channels don't work either. so i stopped after 6 months, regular tv is fine for that shit and my sports. not much time otherwise.

you can watch youtube vids as to how to install (or re-install) an app on your box as well on your own, it isn't hard. basically just d/l the .APK file onto the box and install it. if you can't stream for whatever reason from one of the apps, the box has USB ports which is nice. sometimes i'll just torrent a series or movie from my pc, copy to usb and use it on the box so shit doesn't freeze or cutout.

re. how good the steam/feed will be, it all depends on how good the feeds are firstly, then the power of the box you get. in addition of course your net d/l speeds and wifi strength.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/18 02:34 PM

what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/12/18 03:13 PM

they do need updating once in awhile but it's not a must, they still work. usually the most up to date ver. will run better though. SHOWBOX is what i'm usually using these days but KODI still works ok. teaTV i think still works ok as well but I think terrarium is down for good now. those are some for you to use for sure. sportsdevil is good but i assume your wife won't care for that lol.

if you want IPTV 'live tv' for like $6-10 bucks a month you can try it and see, i used it moreso for the kids to watch shows and some overseas stuff ourselves but soooo many channels don't work either. so i stopped after 6 months, regular tv is fine for that shit and my sports. not much time otherwise.

you can watch youtube vids as to how to install (or re-install) an app on your box as well on your own, it isn't hard. basically just d/l the .APK file onto the box and install it. if you can't stream for whatever reason from one of the apps, the box has USB ports which is nice. sometimes i'll just torrent a series or movie from my pc, copy to usb and use it on the box so shit doesn't freeze or cutout.

re. how good the steam/feed will be, it all depends on how good the feeds are firstly, then the power of the box you get. in addition of course your net d/l speeds and wifi strength.

Awesome. I am pretty much going to contact that kijiji dude. Is this the same guy you purchase from?

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

Thanks!
The thought never crossed my mind. lol.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/18 03:27 PM

Awesome. I am pretty much going to contact that kijiji dude. Is this the same guy you purchase from?

what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

Thanks!
The thought never crossed my mind. lol.

Nope, different. That new link/box seems like a bigger place.

My guy just some dude who lives in Stouffville lol.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
11/12/18 09:24 PM

I have a shield.....its awesome.
although I don't do much by way of IPTV with it. Mostly Youtube, Netflix, and Kodi for streaming local network files. 70gig 4k downloads FTW, lol.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
11/12/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Raocorp
70gig 4k downloads FTW, lol.

\:o

How many movies do you have in this quality and how long does it take to d/l?

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/18 11:19 AM

How much internet are you guys using a month?

I'm averaging 1900gb... And i have no idea how. I'm never home. Does streaming soak up bandwidth? off of youtube? Cnn? facebook videos, instagram videos

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/18 12:01 PM

Everything uses bandwidth. Streaming videos whether its on an Android/Kodi box, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram or CNN will all use bandwidth. Most of these services are intelligent enough to determine your connection speed and will play for you the highest quality for the best performance. So if you're streaming HD feeds, then yes your bandwidth is going to get eaten. Either that or someone is using stealing your WiFi.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 02:55 PM

40-60 gigs IIRC

Denis Si
(Post Master)
11/13/18 06:16 PM

4K fire tv >*

Insane amount of YouTube support

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/18 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
4K fire tv >*

Insane amount of YouTube support

Do you have an actual Fire TV or is it the stick?

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 10:42 AM

Upon further investigation, no one in my house downloads, no netflix, no streaming. Two people are on their phones, youtube, Cnn, Bnn and some games...i've changed Pws two days ago.

But i am averaging 5-6gbs a night which is in line with 1,800-1,900gbs a month. HOW IN THE F?

what are you guys averaging?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 10:58 AM

That's insane.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 11:29 AM

Update:

Rogers system error. Wrong decimal placement. The conversion from MB = Total GB is wrong (on rogers)

That's insane.

It is f'in insane. Made me had to spend time into investigating my home network.

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 02:35 PM

Tell her to go for a walk or it's over for her body. Alot of chicks get pregnant and go downhill from there using it as an excuse to be lazy

Balhar
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 08:11 PM

I got a Dreamlink T2 with Gold Server IPTV service on it.
it's 4k capable and i have had zero issues with it. didnt even skip during the world cup

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/19/18 07:08 AM

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
11/20/18 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: furball

I actually waited just now.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)