spnx
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/18 09:44 AM
recommend a detailer in Toronto?

I haven't lived in Toronto so long I don't know where to look. I want a coating like cquartz for my Mum's car. She'll never wax the thing.

She's near DVP/Eglinton, so anything around there or Scarborough.

Any ideas? Thanks!

4age
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/18 10:07 AM
Re: recommend a detailer in Toronto?

Def talk to titty sprinkles. he will come to you.
He personally tests all his stuff before using it on client cars, and does a bunch of csi cars

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 10:19 AM

1. Titty Sprinkles
2. Wes @ Orion
3. Kaval @ MakeItShine

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/18 10:45 AM

How can I tell my Mum that Titty Sprinkles will come to her house and do it?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 11:00 AM

Haha

I don’t think titty does ceramic coats
FXauto tint does Ceramic Pro if you wanna go to that route.
http://www.fxauto.com/ceramic-pro.html

Crazy expensive though. Depending on how many coats.
I think it ranges from $1,000-5000 along with other small details.
The small thumb sized bottle costs $100 if you wanna do it yourself.
Probably good for 2-3 coats on sedans.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 11:03 AM

Kaval does CQuartz. Not sure what Wes uses.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 01:23 PM

call him by his government name...Jason....De RULO

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 02:17 PM

LOL i only found out recently that Jason De rulo is black

spnx, i do ceramic coatings aswell, i'm also mobile so i can go to your moms house too.

i've done a few coatings for the guys on here already. actually did a black tlx the other day:

and i'm cheaper \:D

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 02:24 PM

are the ceramic coatings worth ?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 02:36 PM

i'd say so in specific cases.

if you're a guy who takes the time every year to atleast clay, polish and seal once a year and then re-seal mid to late summer than no, i'd say a coating isn't for you. even if you pay to get that done you have to get it done once a year so if you do then no don't go coating imo. I didn't put a coating on my car but i did on my brother's dodge ram and my mom's lexus NX for example.

now if you're the person who throws your car through a touchless car wash, don't want to bother with claying/polishing/sealing every year, and just touchless car wash and dry after OR; have a truck/van that's a pain in the ass to wash, then a coating would be a better fit. the coating i use lasts 2-4 years all depending on how you take care of it but the reason i use that one in paticular is because A)it's cheaper B) works just as well if not better (up for debate but that's from my first hand experience) C) because it's cheaper you can afford to re-do it every 2-4 years so that it looks nice and mint instead of a coating that claims to last 8+ years and ends up looking like shit after 4. also, i can re-coat a car every 2 years for LESS than one of those expensive 8+ year coatings from what i've seen.

oh and better hope that someone puts that 8+ year coating on properly. i actually have a job coming up on another black TLX that got a 8 or 10 year coating and the installer fucked it up bad. the paint has 0 gloss, looks and feels sticky, no protection because it's somehow swirled the eff up, and i'm going to have to strip the entire car of said coating, paint correct it, then re-apply the coating.

oh one more thing, the cost isn't in the actual coating itself. the cost comes in the labour involved in correcting the paint before a coating goes on.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/18 11:31 PM

I'm basically a perfect person for a ceramic coating

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/18 02:29 PM

we should fully do a coating on the bimmer...because black.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/18 02:41 PM

Word on the street is if you tip well.....

Warning, Spoiler:
Titty Sprinkles will detail your car wearing nothing but a thong.
Warning, Spoiler:
A thong that is two sizes too small.
Warning, Spoiler:
A thong that is two sizes too small, worn backwards.
Warning, Spoiler:

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/18 07:23 PM

JUST THE TIP

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
08/08/18 12:52 AM

Ah, dammit. She did some kind of permashine thing.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

if you're a guy who takes the time every year to atleast clay, polish and seal once a year and then re-seal mid to late summer than no, i'd say a coating isn't for you. even if you pay to get that done you have to get it done once a year so if you do then no don't go coating imo. I didn't put a coating on my car but i did on my brother's dodge ram and my mom's lexus NX for example.

now if you're the person who throws your car through a touchless car wash, don't want to bother with claying/polishing/sealing every year, and just touchless car wash and dry after OR; have a truck/van that's a pain in the ass to wash, then a coating would be a better fit. the coating i use lasts 2-4 years all depending on how you take care of it but the reason i use that one in paticular is because A)it's cheaper B) works just as well if not better (up for debate but that's from my first hand experience) C) because it's cheaper you can afford to re-do it every 2-4 years so that it looks nice and mint instead of a coating that claims to last 8+ years and ends up looking like shit after 4. also, i can re-coat a car every 2 years for LESS than one of those expensive 8+ year coatings from what i've seen.

oh and better hope that someone puts that 8+ year coating on properly. i actually have a job coming up on another black TLX that got a 8 or 10 year coating and the installer fucked it up bad. the paint has 0 gloss, looks and feels sticky, no protection because it's somehow swirled the eff up, and i'm going to have to strip the entire car of said coating, paint correct it, then re-apply the coating.

oh one more thing, the cost isn't in the actual coating itself. the cost comes in the labour involved in correcting the paint before a coating goes on.

oops, didn't get to read this post after asking lol.

guess i'll have to fix that rust spot first before doing this. I do get to wash the car, but definitely not as often as I used to at my old location, I can probably swing something here now that I've been here long enough to use the detailing bays after hours. Otherwise, depending on weather and such, it could be 6-8 weeks before I get around to a wash.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 02:41 PM

if you wash the car every 6-8 weeks then i'd recommend a coating and this quick wax spray specifically ment for cars with coatings. that way it'll stay nice and clean looking for those 6 weeks easily, it'll still look great because silver (talking about the brz?)

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 02:42 PM

yea.. the BRZ. luckily the silver is pretty good at hiding the fact that I don't wash it often.

is there any coating for rims?

btw, we still gotta meat up for the headlight er... polis... refinishing.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 03:36 PM

that's the best part about silver. it can look somewhat clean and you haven't washed it in two years lol

that same coating can be applied to wheels and that's something that i think people should consider more even if they don't want a coating on the paint. i'm going to coat my wheels this winter when i take them off, that way brake dust will wipe right off, or at worst spray down with water/soap and dry. inner barrels stay cleaner too.

*EDIT* same deal with calipers too if you have those nice fancy painted ones

ya we've been meaning to do those headlights for a while now, maybe drop by the house this weekend?

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 08:29 PM

uhhhh, i'd say titty is puuuurty goooood...

excuse the shitty galaxy S7 cell pics. he has proper DSLR shots. been meaning to post these since mid-June lol...

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 08:32 PM

mmm carbon

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 10:28 PM

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
08/10/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

oops, didn't get to read this post after asking lol.

guess i'll have to fix that rust spot first before doing this. I do get to wash the car, but definitely not as often as I used to at my old location, I can probably swing something here now that I've been here long enough to use the detailing bays after hours. Otherwise, depending on weather and such, it could be 6-8 weeks before I get around to a wash.

da hell? rust on the brz already? what year is it?

is the metal from an eg civic or something?

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
08/10/18 05:50 AM

nah, its a stone chip in a weird spot

4age
(Post Master Sr)
08/14/18 02:29 PM

moar titty work.
Did a great job. The paint was bad. it's way way better now.
After a good clay, cut, polish and wax. @Titty thank you for spending the time

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
08/20/18 02:16 PM

no problem at all! that was a nice project to work on. it's been a while since i've gotten the chance to do something a bit older to restore and it's been a while since i got to actually cut, polish and seal a car. thanks again for the business homie!

Denshu
(Member)
09/01/18 09:25 AM

Hey Titty, Wanna quote me on some prices for your services on:
2010 ES350
2014 Mazda3 sport

I've been super lazy to wash often and needs the yearly detial
Thanks!

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/18 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: 4age
moar titty work.
Did a great job. The paint was bad. it's way way better now.
After a good clay, cut, polish and wax. @Titty thank you for spending the time

Looks BNIB....nice job Tittie…...nice pick up on the Miata again.

As we speak, Tittie is working on my brother's white Honda Fridge Odyessey. That thing doesn't have a lick of wax on it.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/18 02:04 PM

Titty, do you install those clear bra things too?

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/18 04:22 PM

I think he only takes them off. He lets the girls install it themselves after.

markw
(Post Master Supreme)
09/04/18 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Denshu
2010 ES350
2014 Mazda3 sport

Thanks!

In on this....

interior of a golf, exterior (maybe ceramic protect as well) on an odyssey

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/04/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: markw
 Originally Posted By: Denshu
2010 ES350
2014 Mazda3 sport

Thanks!

In on this....

interior of a golf, exterior (maybe ceramic protect as well) on an odyssey

quoted, check pm's

Originally Posted By: Raocorp
Titty, do you install those clear bra things too?

umm, i'm going to say not yet. i've been waiting until i pick up the new tlx to use my own car as the test mule so that i can get it perfect when i do other ppl's cars and i've been focusing more on coatings since more people want those. i will be doing it next year for sure tho.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
09/05/18 07:58 AM

I'd recommend Titty even though I've never used him

I did a DIY using CQuartz UK Edition 3.0 and well .... while the results are pretty damn good, I have a few sections where I fucked it up. I didn't buff it off fast enough, and now I have this semi-permanent rainbow/oil-stain-like look on some sections \:\| ... It had to do with what the forums/steps call 'flashing' where the shit 'changes' from a smooth, silky liquid, into a more sticky scenario... (You have to let it sit, but not too long ... before buffing off.)

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/05/18 02:41 PM

lol thanks man

ya sounds like that panel didn't flash properly. not all is lost tho, you can re-polish that panel and then re apply the Cquartz. if you're not confidant in doing it i can re-do the panel for you if you have some of the cquartz left over.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
09/06/18 09:39 AM

Also found out you can apply CQuartz on glass ... works just like Rain-X. Not sure how much longer it'll last yet though.

Haven't put it on non-painted plastic trim though (i.e. door sill, rubber trim, etc.)

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
09/07/18 03:50 PM

so... how much? still need to meet up to refinish my headlight housings... \:\(

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/07/18 04:22 PM

for what a exterior detail? shoot me a text