Re: Anyone need a winter beater

A delivery van \:\(

My dad got a new car.
Getting his MKX for now.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 03:00 PM

hrmm....i could use a beater for the detailing thing....how much?

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
12/08/17 03:05 PM

Good on you OP for holding on to it for so long. I'm sure you could have easily moved into something newer and nicer (not to say the EL isn't a nice car).

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 04:24 PM

what's the mileage on it? BTW impressive that your 20 year old car is still humming along.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
12/08/17 05:18 PM

PM'd

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 05:20 PM

$free.99?

Denis Si
(Post Master)
12/08/17 05:22 PM

Sold my 99 si with 500,000.+ on the body and JDM ITR for 2000$!! Score! Lol

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 05:25 PM

Shit is probably a death trap now... Rusted floor pans and all

Denis Si
(Post Master)
12/08/17 05:28 PM

It got stolen I heard 6 months later. Probably a write off at that time

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 05:46 PM

Oops I was talking about OPs El lol

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 06:23 PM

No,I think the floor pan is fine.
Just some on the rear quarter.

How she sits in the garage right now. 283k km
Can't believe I am selling this. I still want to keep it around if I had the space for it. Probably will go off insurance Tuesday or Wednesday.

Untitled by LayeredCreations, on Flickr

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 06:43 PM

So it's free?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 06:51 PM

This is what a kijiji nightmare looks like, a 2 decade old honda in the 1k-2k range, it's like a dirtpeep bat signal.

Good luck with the sale OP, hopefully a friend or a Csier buys it so you don't have to get ass fuck by the 1000's of eddie_82's pounding F5 in the used classifieds.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 08:30 PM

price????

and shit it's automatic?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 09:11 PM

Not even sure how much it’s worth.

I’ll probably take the CF hood off.
HID retro can stay.
Timing belt done a couple of years ago.
Good brakes.
AC works well.

Autotrader ranges from nothing to $3,000.
I guess $2,500 if I list on autotraser or Kijiji and hope to get close to $2,000.
Something less than that for a CSier?

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
12/09/17 07:45 AM

Nice. It's in pretty good shape. I'm still driving mine, 360km on the body. Bit of rust on the rear quarters just started about a year ago. My ac has been shot for years now lol

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
12/09/17 02:06 PM

how low is that?

i have someone interested.

HOw is the transmission on that?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/09/17 05:06 PM

Maybe a pinky gap? Not terribly low. All camber corrected.
Transmission shifts as good as new.
Synthetic Amsoil ATF in there.

I gotta fix the front license plate nuts before giving it up. It spins, so cant get the plate off.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/17 08:05 PM

I just posted on autotrader this afternoon. Then...

Quote:
We’re Sorry!
There seems to be an issue with the ad you are trying to manage. Please contact customer support at contactus@trader.ca so that we can help address your issue.

To help us serve you better, please send us an email containing the following:

Year/Make/Model of your ad, when you placed it and email Trader with the email you used to place the ad.
We will also require you to further validate you are in possession of the vehicle. Please send us an image of yourself in the driver seat with full view of the vehicle you are trying to sell
A photo of a valid government issued ID with your photo on it or a copy of the vehicle registration document to verify your identity.
autoTRADER.ca tries its best to ensure content we publish on-line is fair, accurate and not fraudulent in nature. autoTRADER.ca or its community may have inaccurately flagged this ad. We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You got to be kidding me.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/17 08:31 PM

You know you ain't getting g anywhere near your asking price right?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/15/17 11:09 PM

If I put it up for less, I won't get anywhere near it either, so why not start high.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/16/17 06:47 PM

Just post it for $1500 firm and wait for someone to come $$$ in hand.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/21/17 06:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJs1CxCRt0

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 04:35 PM

4 days later I sent the email about my autotrader listing they send this back.

I replied with some words and this picture.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 04:55 PM

You really told them!!!!!!!!!!

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/22/17 05:08 PM

Fucking right.
Everyone being called back from the Christmas holiday break for an emergence board meeting. Waiting for the apology letter personally hand written by the president of Autotrader.
...or just straight to the trash folder

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 01:49 PM

So, how did it go down? We need the details dawg. Let me guess, brown guy came, test drove and said I got $1200 cash + knee pads & 5 minutes.....?

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 02:52 PM

No way anyone in their right mind d would pay more than $1k for that heap.

Pretty sure he got plenty of offers for $500

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 03:58 PM

Haha, interesting story.

The Messages

Posted the ad on LetGo on Monday morning. Kijiji was getting a couple of low baller offers. Didn’t respond to any of those. One guy messaged me and told me to Smarten up because a 2009 Civic is going for the same price. I was sure that was one of you guys LOL.
Then a 23 year old kid from Aurora sent a message on Monday afternoon. asked basic questions and offered $2k.
Then said he gets paid on Thursday and will come then. Wednesay is his 23rd Bday.
I didn’t trust him. Might be trolling. FB searched his name and I see he has 3 different active accounts. A pale white kid with lots of tattoos. So I was almost sure he was trolling.

I think I am being trolled.
Wednesday he messages again. He would come after work as soon as he gets paid on Thursday. So around 5. Asked me if I wanted to meet half way. I said no insurance so no. I had the insurance but didn’t want to go up and get mugged or something. FB stalked his name again and scrolled down further. LoL, he had my ad posted and informed everyone it would be his Thursday.

The Expected
So Thursday comes and he messages me in the afternoon saying his ride had bailed out. OH ya, there we go. Wasted time responding to an idiot.... I asked if he was still coming. He said he is still coming but around 7 instead....by bus from Aurora.
I felt bad and offered him a ride from the bus station near by me.
A couple of hours later, he messages me again saying he was shorted and only has $1,900. I said it's fine, I would just take the trunk off the car. Some time later, he messages me..his girlfriend's mother is covering the hundred. he says he just got on the bus and will be here in 1.5 hrs.
Then messaged me every now and then when he passed major intersections. Lol. Told him to meet at the supermarket parking lot by the bus station

Time to meet the buyer
I get into my EL for the last time and fired it up. Headed to the supermarket where he'd be waiting. There he was, waving at me near the supermarket entrance.
He had nothing on him....but a couple bag of food. Wendys? Fuck, he didn't even bring the license plate.... Oh well, not my problem.
So picked him up. It was a busy parking lot with lots of Christmas shoppers. I go around the lot to get to the exit then he asked me where I was going. He kinda panicked and said we gotta get it done here. \:o

Another round tour of the parking lot
I said I thought we'd get it done at my place. He said his girlfriend is here.
Oh...so we go back to the spot where I picked him up and there's a girl with two fountain drinks. WTF, where was she before?
So,we pick her up and go around the parking lot again and finally my in driveway.
I turned the engine off and said, this is the car. He said, cool and started counting the cash. 100,200,3,4,5...17,18,19.....20! Just hands me $2k without looking at the car. I laughed and told him he shouldn't have handed me the money like that. He said, he came to buy the car and not going home without it.

The final moment
That's it. We got out of the car. I quickly showed him what he was getting. Got the paper work, signed. Brought out like 2 suit case full of stock parts that's been taking up the space for the last 15+ years. Also gave him the brand new header I bought off ebay last year, and the new O2 sensor. I think worth about $200.

So, both were happy, and I was too kinda. Still can't believe it's not mine anymore. They get in the car, I go inside the garage. I didn't close the garage door...want to see my car a little longer I guess. Started to "organize" the garage while they prepared to go.. Then the kid calls me over.
He asks me how to start this thing. I go and asked if it was in Park. It was. I reached over, cranked...starts up fine. lol
Another round of Byes!
He pulls out of the driveway... puts into drive...GUNS it.
Well! Not my problem.
Yup, $2,000 cash I got. Also kept my CF hood.

Oh he messaged me today asking if the car is certified/etested
Not sure how much it would cost to certify it.
Today, I went to MTO and signed the SOLD Car Status sheet. Couldn't be done online or phone.

I think I am gonna hang this on the wall along with the license plate.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 09:34 PM

Wow.....you got lucky. $2k for a ride that someone could have gotten a 2009 Civic for. You did well.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 10:21 PM

No way a $2500 2009 Civic would run as well as my car.

Honestly though it’s a freaking reliable machine for $2k over valued or not.
The time and money I spent on those headlights, Konis on Ground Controls, etc. About $3k worth of stuff new. Ya. You don’t get that back but I am just saying.

Still. I got lucky to get that. You just need that one person who would do it and there he was.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/23/17 11:19 PM

Did you give hin a cake as well?

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 12:52 AM

Congrats on selling the EL relatively painless

When I was selling my STi, I got lucky with a 21 years old kid who bought it close to my asking price.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Haha, interesting story.

The Messages

Posted the ad on LetGo on Monday morning. Kijiji was getting a couple of low baller offers. Didn’t respond to any of those. One guy messaged me and told me to Smarten up because a 2009 Civic is going for the same price. I was sure that was one of you guys LOL.
Then a 23 year old kid from Aurora sent a message on Monday afternoon. asked basic questions and offered $2k.
Then said he gets paid on Thursday and will come then. Wednesay is his 23rd Bday.
I didn’t trust him. Might be trolling. FB searched his name and I see he has 3 different active accounts. A pale white kid with lots of tattoos. So I was almost sure he was trolling.

I think I am being trolled.
Wednesday he messages again. He would come after work as soon as he gets paid on Thursday. So around 5. Asked me if I wanted to meet half way. I said no insurance so no. I had the insurance but didn’t want to go up and get mugged or something. FB stalked his name again and scrolled down further. LoL, he had my ad posted and informed everyone it would be his Thursday.

The Expected
So Thursday comes and he messages me in the afternoon saying his ride had bailed out. OH ya, there we go. Wasted time responding to an idiot.... I asked if he was still coming. He said he is still coming but around 7 instead....by bus from Aurora.
I felt bad and offered him a ride from the bus station near by me.
A couple of hours later, he messages me again saying he was shorted and only has $1,900. I said it's fine, I would just take the trunk off the car. Some time later, he messages me..his girlfriend's mother is covering the hundred. he says he just got on the bus and will be here in 1.5 hrs.
Then messaged me every now and then when he passed major intersections. Lol. Told him to meet at the supermarket parking lot by the bus station

Time to meet the buyer
I get into my EL for the last time and fired it up. Headed to the supermarket where he'd be waiting. There he was, waving at me near the supermarket entrance.
He had nothing on him....but a couple bag of food. Wendys? Fuck, he didn't even bring the license plate.... Oh well, not my problem.
So picked him up. It was a busy parking lot with lots of Christmas shoppers. I go around the lot to get to the exit then he asked me where I was going. He kinda panicked and said we gotta get it done here. \:o

Another round tour of the parking lot
I said I thought we'd get it done at my place. He said his girlfriend is here.
Oh...so we go back to the spot where I picked him up and there's a girl with two fountain drinks. WTF, where was she before?
So,we pick her up and go around the parking lot again and finally my in driveway.
I turned the engine off and said, this is the car. He said, cool and started counting the cash. 100,200,3,4,5...17,18,19.....20! Just hands me $2k without looking at the car. I laughed and told him he shouldn't have handed me the money like that. He said, he came to buy the car and not going home without it.

The final moment
That's it. We got out of the car. I quickly showed him what he was getting. Got the paper work, signed. Brought out like 2 suit case full of stock parts that's been taking up the space for the last 15+ years. Also gave him the brand new header I bought off ebay last year, and the new O2 sensor. I think worth about $200.

So, both were happy, and I was too kinda. Still can't believe it's not mine anymore. They get in the car, I go inside the garage. I didn't close the garage door...want to see my car a little longer I guess. Started to "organize" the garage while they prepared to go.. Then the kid calls me over.
He asks me how to start this thing. I go and asked if it was in Park. It was. I reached over, cranked...starts up fine. lol
Another round of Byes!
He pulls out of the driveway... puts into drive...GUNS it.
Well! Not my problem.
Yup, $2,000 cash I got. Also kept my CF hood.

Oh he messaged me today asking if the car is certified/etested
Not sure how much it would cost to certify it.
Today, I went to MTO and signed the SOLD Car Status sheet. Couldn't be done online or phone.

I think I am gonna hang this on the wall along with the license plate.

One day i'd like a similar write up on how you get through life on a daily basis.

Regardless, congrats on the sale. Seems like it was a pretty well maintained car and still has a lot of life left in it.

One thing that made no sense to me, he came completely unprepared for the purchase, you had your plates removed, what plates did he drive the car home with?

by any chance, are you and furball related?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:15 AM

The girlfriend had it in her bag.
I already had my front removed from day before. They removed my rear plate and put theirs on.
Don’t think he had the front one.

Thanks folks.
In for 100% SUV life

1300cc_Rocket
(Post Master Jr)
12/24/17 09:44 AM

Know what it feels like. Just like that it belongs to someone else. Sold the SiR for 3800 as is this summer after having it for 15years. The guy I sold it to is mature late 30s, barely uses it and I would in theory have the chance to buy it back in the same condition I sold it in barring any massive run-up of value on daily driven EM1s (doubt it). Declined an offer of 4000 because the prospective buyer was a moron that would have wrecked it.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
12/24/17 09:55 AM

Last 2 cars I sold were similar, i will sell to whoever i like better.

For my TL i had two guys cash in hand ready to buy the car, one guy was the more stand up dude that really appreciated the condition and the mods i did so i actually held the car for an extra week just to sell to him even though the other guy was ready to buy right away. Guy i ended up selling to had his TL written off and was waiting on the insurance money. Don't regret it one bit.

Similar story with my M3, the guy to this day sends me pics of the car and what he did with it.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
12/24/17 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: porschetr
The girlfriend had it in her bag.
I already had my front removed from day before. They removed my rear plate and put theirs on.
Don’t think he had the front one.

Thanks folks.
In for 100% SUV life

Crazy story but I wouldn't let anyone take my car like that. If they wreck it on the way home, it's still registered to you technically and could be problematic for you. And likely no insurance either which is even worse. Next day the guy asks if it's certified and etested, crazy. Must have been a first time buyer.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
12/27/17 11:33 AM

Congrats!

Same how i felt about selling my Integra. Was working downtown for 4-5years during that time, so didn't need a car. Ended up up getting a car of my own until last year (s3). I'm already looking for the next. damn.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
12/27/17 02:26 PM

911 or bust

furball
(Post Master Sr)
01/02/18 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
by any chance, are you and furball related?

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
07/11/18 09:03 AM

4age
(Post Master Sr)
07/11/18 09:43 AM

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL feels like that kid is trolling himself

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
07/11/18 12:45 PM

daaaaaaaang. lol

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/11/18 02:10 PM

cheap detailing car? hrmmmm

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
07/11/18 09:07 PM

lost his license. vehicle impounded. looking for a street or dirt bike. sounds like a bright individual right thurrr.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
07/12/18 09:17 AM

JFC

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
07/12/18 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Three
lost his license. vehicle impounded. looking for a street or dirt bike. sounds like a bright individual right thurrr.

Sounds like he is trying to win the Darwin award quicker.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/13/18 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
JFC

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
07/15/18 05:15 PM

buy it back for $500 so he can get an e-bike.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
07/16/18 06:42 AM

Quote:
currently in elliot's towing impound yard

I wonder if he knows how much they're raping him on daily storage costs.