spnx
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/17 04:26 PM
hai guys, my car's done

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/9119610

About to ship. There's another thread here too, with a video. Unfortunately, it's sideways, but after a ten-year wait, can you blame me?

I feel like people here have lived through the trauma with me, of waiting for over ten years for the damn thing to be done.

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/372791/Number/9114729#Post9114729

Links work ok?

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/17 04:43 PM
Re: hai guys, my car's done

Mother-f'n-yes!

Congratulations. Enjoy it! I enjoyed the write-up on your first encounter/experience with it.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/17 04:47 PM

That was scary as hell. Seriously. It's an absolute brute.

Glad you liked the write-up though! hah ha

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/17 05:46 PM

Ha, congrats dude. I can't believe its been 10yrs. Feels like you made that original thread a few months ago. Looks great

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/17 04:15 PM

Beautiful car! Absolutely stunning! I look forward to the pics of it being on the road.

Enjoy your new toy!

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/17 04:59 PM

Looks great man

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/05/17 08:35 PM

Oh that's nice.

It must feel like a HUGE accomplishment.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/05/17 09:17 PM

such a unique car, i don't think i've ever seen another around. ever.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/16/17 12:32 AM

No, there sure aren't many of them around. 2645 made. Just over 1800 left.

I got it today. I went out in it with my little girl (she's 8). She was singing and laughing the whole time - and waving at people who looked.

We stopped for gas and got swarmed. A bunch of random people came over to check it out, asked if they could take photos, and then they waited until I started it, so they could hear it. No one expects it to sound like that. One guy recognized it as a British roadster although he didn't know of them, and wondered if it had the 80 hp four cylinder that his old MG had.

(It's putting out 180 hp - and it's 2200 lbs - feels quick! Especially on the highway.)

It's nice. An odd, old British car doesn't inspire bad feelings in anyone. I can see how a modern red Porsche or Lambo might, but this just seems kind of quirky and cool to people.

Damn, damn, damn that V8 is LOUD. This thing really makes a lot of noise. Good noise, but you sure hear me coming. Just put a short vid of it coming off the trailer in the post your car thread in Out There.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/16/17 12:57 AM

40,279 original miles when parked in 1966

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/16/17 09:07 AM

Absolutely stunning! Keep us posted on how the car handles during the Canadian snow storm. \:\|

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/17/17 09:34 AM

lol - you know, my Dad used to commute in this thing from Thorncliffe Park to Parkdale year round. And park the damn thing in Parkdale, back in the 1960s.

I don't know how he did it. It's fun to drive, but I was just to describe how it is to someone yesterday - it's like wresting with someone slightly stronger than you. It's a fight, but damn fun. Handles better and it's faster than I expected!

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/17/17 09:52 AM

Awesome!!!

Enjoy it in good health.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/17/17 10:12 PM

BEAUTY

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/17/17 10:34 PM

cool car dude, i am way more interested in the story behind it tho.

You should submit it to petrolicious and see if they will do a feature on you.

I hope you drive the fuck out of it and don't keep it a garage queen.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/19/17 06:53 AM

Thanks guys!

I may have a gearbox issue. There is some clicking on deceleration. I got my little girl to take a video of it and sent it to the restorer. He chewed me out a bit for driving the car too hard in the break-in period. I got up early just now, so I can phone the guy for 8 AM GTA time.

Two stone chips already. I have been driving it several times a day. I even drove it to the bank yesterday when I was there for a meeting for my small business for an hour and a half - left it in the lot \:\)

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/17 08:05 AM

Awesome, keep driving it!!

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/17 10:52 AM

Nice
I thought you meant; my car is done...totaled done.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/17 02:20 PM

you know some paint protection film (ppf) wouldn't be a bad idea, maybe on the front end of the car. i would get the doors forward done, considering that it's custom paint, you've spent alot and waiting a long time for it to get done, and you actually drive it, might not be a bad investment.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/17 12:49 PM

Will ya ship the car back to get it fixed?

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/20/17 11:07 PM

I will, if I need to. (free of charge)

I will ship it back to be repainted, when the time comes.

I hear ya, titty sprinkles (ok, I can't write that without laughing), but that's not in keeping with the character of the car. It chips, it chips.

Just over 500 miles on it now. Gearbox is loosening up and getting easier to shift. Juddering isn't as bad.

I have never met so many people in my life. Going to the gas station or grabbing a Starbucks - holy geez. I even had a 20-something cute barista hit on me tonight.