zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 08:57 AM
new daily driver time

I want V8 RWD, and a manual and under 20k
Thought BMW, but ehhh. Already had the ZHP.
SO I think that only leaves me with 04-06 CTS-V

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/nor...gationFlag=true

I know about the rear diff issues on anything under 09 I think it is, any other reason not to get this lol?

Ditching wife's 2012 outback, and she will take my jeep.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:06 AM
Re: new daily driver time

congrats on becoming an old white 65yr old man, your AARP card is in the mail. \:D

(always liked cts-v doe)

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:10 AM

\:D haha

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:13 AM

wagon? unnnnffffffffffffff

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:16 AM

If was under 20k sure, but those are like triple the budget

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:19 AM

I'd say G8 GT, but you want a manual.

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 09:27 AM

Ya no auto, kills the fun!

87ZCSi
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/17 01:25 PM

If you're into it the one in your link looks like it's worth another look. Otherwise I guarantee you a ZHP E46 is nothing like a V8 6-spd BMW, although it's likely not going to have the torque of the american muscle at this budget.

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 02:57 PM

that one in my link sold \:\(

Oh ya I just meant I already had a BMW, so I don't really wanna bother with another. Try something else

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 04:14 PM

Not a fair comparison to stack an e46 3 series vs e60 550 imo. Completely different cars.

I've driven that gen cts-v and was pretty close to buying it but aside from the awesome engine and drive feel it's like being in a fancy neon. I'd be OK with that for a casual car, not in a daily.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 04:16 PM

By the way I was still going to buy it even though it was neon like, I loved the car. It was my old boss' car that he ended up giving to his 16 year old son as his first car - yes it got smashed shortly after.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/17 04:17 PM

saw a CTS-V wagon on the way to work today. it's a nice ass car.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
By the way I was still going to buy it even though it was neon like, I loved the car. It was my old boss' car that he ended up giving to his 16 year old son as his first car - yes it got smashed shortly after.

A CTS-V driven by a 16yr old....WOW. How can people be that stupid? The kid could have killed himself in it or someone else. Just because one is "rich" doesn't make something un-stupid. He should have given the kid an 85 Ford Tempo.

87ZCSi
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/17 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: zc911
that one in my link sold \:\(

Oh ya I just meant I already had a BMW, so I don't really wanna bother with another. Try something else

To me that's like "I'm done dating hot chicks, I had one". Haha. To echo Vas its not the same. M3 isn't in your budget so I'd drive a 550i if I were you before ruling it out. It meets all criteria.

I linked you to one by me the other day, I'm serious I'd drive it back with you. Cars here are CLEAN. When buying the 4runner I could tell when cars weren't from here (where 80's Honda's are seen daily and daily driven) as lots spent their first 3yr leases in the rust belt. I wish my 2011 328i were as clean as my 06 Toyota.

Polkaroo
(Jr Poster)
03/07/17 07:54 AM

E46 is much nicer. The e60 interior is about on par with that cts.

E39>e60

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
03/14/17 09:52 PM

I'll see what pops up for sale. Thanks for the offer Wes, but i think local only. not worth the hassle haha \:D

Gonna ditch our 2012 Subaru Outback 5 speed manual if anyone is interested. New front brakes, new tires, you supply your own oil lol