4Three
(Post Master Sr)
02/23/17 08:37 PM
got back from a cruise

spent 7 days on a disney cruise. it was probably the best vacation ever, next to roaming around japan with little more than a lonely planet book. i've only been on one other cruise back in the 90's so there's not a lot to compare to, but this was amazing. didn't matter if you were young or old, there was plenty of entertainment. food was insane; 8 lb gain in a week. perfect prime rib everyday for lunch, triple apps, double entrees every night. good shows. probably the only cons were: lots of kids going nuts (altho there were adult-only sections), no gambling for those who like that, and the pools were small and crowded (with kids). the see-thru water slide around the top deck was super fun. highly recommend anyone looking for a family vacay to try it. you get your money's worth.

then we hit the disney parks which were nice, but a little bland in comparison. but universal was great. the 4D rides they have: transformers, minions, simpsons, harry potter; it's like being in the middle of a movie. so impressed.

that is all.

Denis Si
(Post Master)
02/23/17 09:28 PM
Re: got back from a cruise

Fuck! My little one keeps asking when she sees the commercial. Looks like a trap to me.

So you're saying it's fun?

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
02/23/17 09:31 PM

I want to take the family on a Disney cruise, but they are so damned expensive compared to regular cruises. Did you get a good diu?

xza8
(Sr Member)
02/23/17 09:45 PM

I took my 7 month old to a Disney Magic (to visit Grand Cayman and avoid ZIKA) and then 16 month to Anthem of the Seas. Each has its pros and cons. The service with Disney is better, the food was better, the different themed dining rooms was a nice touch. The Magic is old but even the newest, Dream, is small and old compared to the mega ships that RCI offers every few years. With that said, Anthem fucking sucked... (first time on Quantum class) compared to the Oasis class (Oasis and Allure of the Seas). The food was meh, the service was meh, seemed like most hated their jobs (and cut you off walking instead of yielding).

At 7 months, my son was way too young to appreciate the Disney but I think he would've enjoyed it for his 2nd cruise.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
02/23/17 09:48 PM

took the kid last summer, we both had a blast. 3 day bahamian then 4 day resort stay.

but for the cruise i haven't heard of one person who didn't like it.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/23/17 10:53 PM

My daughter wants to go too...but so damn expensive for a cruise.

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

So your priorities are expensive porche then family. Gotcha

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 07:09 AM

Denis Si
(Post Master)
02/24/17 07:24 AM

Loudsubz just rekt hatorade lol

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 07:42 AM

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
02/24/17 08:09 AM

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 08:19 AM

My girls would love it but unless there's an amazing deal out there it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
02/24/17 08:41 AM

I recall Disney had some type of deal where the kids were free, so that would be awesome. But when I did a bit of research, it didn't sound like it was a regular promo.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

So your priorities are expensive porche then family. Gotcha

Wrong Einstein. Daughter is 4 and has been to two cruises and twice to a resort. and this summer Hawaii.

fatso
(Post Master)
02/24/17 08:51 AM

Holy shit - almost $5k CAD for 2 adults and a toddler... Yeah, no chance I'm taking Ezio on this trip until he's at least 3 years old.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 08:52 AM

trapped on a boat with kids in the middle of the ocean is literally my personal 9/11

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
trapped on a boat with kids in the middle of the ocean is literally my personal 9/11

Gotta agree.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
02/24/17 09:15 AM

OP did you book it all your self or did you go through an agent/planner? So you did 7 days on the boat and then an additional x days at the theme parks? Two weeks total? Do you mind sharing the rough price it cost you and how many people in your family?

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: fatso
Holy shit - almost $5k CAD for 2 adults and a toddler... Yeah, no chance I'm taking Ezio on this trip until he's at least 3 years old.

Yup, rather take my daughter to DW. We're taking her when she's 6.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 09:28 AM

disney cruises > all

we're going when the lil guys are like 5 and 8 or something...yeaaars away

markw
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 10:05 AM

We went to Disney and stayed at the park last Sept, it was such a good time... the staff really do make sure you're happy. Ever since we've been planning on the cruise, if it's anything like the hotels it'll be great. Going to wait till the kids are 4/6 though

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
02/24/17 10:26 AM

A friend of mine has been a a few cruises and has said by far the food and experience was the best on the Disney cruise.

My eldest is turning 7 in a month. My wife wants to take the family to the theme parks before he outgrows the "magic" of Disney. I'm guessing by 8-9

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 11:38 AM

My niece and nephew are 9 and 11 and just got back from their second WDW trip. The magic is not lost upon them (yet).

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 01:30 PM

Shit that's pricey. But dat brand name doe

I was on a Carnival cruise and pay $600 USD (off season rate)

markw
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: iamfob

It's not the name that's bumping the price.. it's the service, quality, entertainment.. and shit.. they have their own island.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: iamfob

you can't compare a carnival cruise to a disney cruise. that's like comparing a hot dog to this guy:

took my daughter last year, she was 6 years old and had a great time. deetz:

-3 day bahama cruise, ported out of ft.lauderdale, one day at sea, stopped at nassau and disney's private island.

-flight

-4 day stay @ disney's art of animation little mermaid room

-4 day park hopper pass x2, ez pass included

-meal plan (1 quick service meal, 1 character dining [see belle's castle, cinderella's castle, nemo's reef etc] and 1 snack)

-bibbidy boppidy boutique shit

-photopass (which was actually very worth it)

-transportation

$5k. but can't put a price on this

Denis Si
(Post Master)
02/24/17 03:57 PM

Bad ass titty! Now i gotta wait till little one is a bit older. One is almost 4, other one is 11 months. Better start saving meow

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 03:59 PM

Oh man tits. Can't wait to take my daughter there.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/17 04:18 PM

oh i should mention, that i took my daughter when she was 3 years old. my brother was about to get married here, big wedding and all but his MIL passed away a week before the wedding so they cancelled it. a year later they got married at disney and the entire family went down; so my oldest cousin who has a daughter about 8 months younger than my daughter came too and we all went to disney. I was asking my daughter if she remembered some of the same rides that we went on and she had no memory of it so wait until they are older.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
02/24/17 06:18 PM

I agree 6 or 7 is a good age. We still went both times when the kids were 3, and they still have fun. But my 7 year old definitely enjoyed it more at this age.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
02/25/17 08:06 AM

Everything your hear about the Disney Cruise is true. Disney is super detail-orientated and all about the customer experience. As an example, between visiting the Disney parks and universal, I preferred the universal rides. But looking at the staff, Disney is all educated, clean, smiling, helpful, eager, polite. Universal's staff were just people working jobs and certainly not as polished.

The cruise itself for our 4 person room with veranda was about $6usd for 7 day. We stopped in Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Disney's castaway cay. There were restaurants to book at additional charge, but they also had 3 themed restaurants included in the package which you would rotate between and the food was already amazing. Breakfast was buffet. Lunch was buffet unless you wanted a sit down served meal which was first come first served. Different shows ever night which took place during either the early or late dinner. We saw their Aladdin production which was like watching a scaled down Broadway show.

Coming from an art background, I really appreciate the attention to detail in everything. The chairs, the walls, table settings, windows, everything would hunt at something Disney. They also had a pirate's of the Caribbean theme night and a star wars theme night. Two nights of fireworks on the sea. Character's walking about the ship all the time for photo ops. I'll post a couple pics tonight when I get off work.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/25/17 09:07 AM

Can't wait till my kid turns 6 to do this.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
02/27/17 03:13 PM

4three is right. there's disney at everything you look at on the ship. with the exception of rides, you can almost do everything you can do at the park on the ship. the pirate night was off the hook (lol) and disney is the only ship that has the fireworks on it. some people take that pirate shit seriously and go all out on a costume. oh also, the staff, activities, characters at the day care part were just amazing. disney gives you this portable phone in your room. you take that with you all over the ship and even onto the private island. If anything is wrong, or even if your kid wants to leave, they send you a text on the phone and then you go pick them up. it was great. i made friends with this wayne dude and his spanish wife from miami with the same aged daughter who became instant friends, we dropped the kids off at the day care play thing and we hit the bar.

we thought the shows were amazing aswell, disney really does have everything on point.

only complaint is that they could have seated me with some hotter single moms

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/27/17 04:13 PM

Took my daughter to see paw patrol live yesterday. She loves it. Going to Disney for sure once she's around 6.

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
03/01/17 04:20 PM

Disney cruise = $$$ = you get what you pay for = best vacation I've ever had

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
03/02/17 09:27 AM

Took my daughter to see paw patrol live yesterday. She loves it. Going to Disney for sure once she's around 6.

was chase in front of your FACE?

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
03/02/17 09:45 AM

dang, you guys are selling it hard in this tread. I want to go now.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/02/17 04:51 PM

Finally have a chance to go thru some of the pics. Most were taken with a 3 year old cell phone. made them small so as to not rape bandwidth.

Coming upon our ship, the Disney Fantasy at Cape Canaveral.

A scale model in the port terminal.

The main atrium of the ship. Often a place for live music, dancing and characters.

One of the many nice chandeliers.

Some of the details on the walls inside the ship. There's plenty of stuff if you look.

Cindy.

Nigel from Find Nemo.

Some intricate metal work on an exposed elevator.

Cpt Hook and Smee.

Sophia the first and Jake.

One of the paid dining restaurants we never attended. This one was called Remy. As in the rat from Ratatouille,

Some of the metal work dividing the rooms in Remy. You can see a mouse design.

Same restaurant has Remy carved into the seat backs.

First day brunch. Shrimp, crab, prosciutto, prime rib, etc ... everyday

First dinner.

I love breakfast.

I really love breakfast.

Double entrees at night. Lamb rack / Beef Wellington.

Sully from Monster Inc. The way this guy bounded when he ran was incredible.

A view of the ship while being taxied to Grand Cayman.

Watching a Bug's Life on the deck.

My past-life as an animator, I love seeing these maquettes of characters.

Dug from Up.

There were three sit-down dining rooms that we rotated between. This one, called the Animator's Palette, on this night, featured an interactive screen with Crush from Finding Nemo. There's someone in the back and they do voice over's. The character was literally having a conversation with my kid.

Preview to Star Wars day at sea. Cpt Phasma.

The pool deck was dressed like a Star Wars set and Boba Fett made an appearance.

Special Star Wars inspired menu.

Dessert was a Sundae topped with a Han Solo in chocolate carbonite.

Both Star Wars night and Pirates night hosted a show on the pool deck, followed by fireworks and a dance party. Kids loved it. That red-lit tube was the water-slide ride called the AquaDuck which circled the pool deck.

Fireworks at sea.

I hate Ewoks. But this sweat top was super cute.

Daisy in Swim wear. All the main Disney characters had multiple outfits, which appealed to hardcore Disney fans.

Did the 5k with my older one on Disney's Castaway Cay (their private island). It was more walking than running, but she was happy to finish.

A view of the island.

Had a hitch-hiker in a shell I picked up from the Grand Cayman. Tossed him back out to sea probably a couple hundred miles from where I picked him up. Oops! That was the end of the cruise portion

Waiting in line at the parks is made less boring by things like this. Just little details to keep you entertained. This was the Frozen ride at Epcot

Magic Kingdom obligatory Castle shot.

Inside the castle had these mosiacs of scenes from different movies.

Universal Studios where I had a drink with Barney at Moe's Tavern.

We also tried out the Krusty Burger. Not bad, but the place was rammed.

The Harry Potter ride was amazeballs. Actually all of the Universal rides were just insane. You literally feel like you stepped into a movie.

Last day was Animal Kingdom. The Tree of Life.

A more intense version of Whitewater Cayon.

Finally, a Tsum Tsum wall in Disney Springs (an outlet mall)

We spent quite a bit of money on this trip, but like I said, it was probably one of the best vacations I've ever had.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/02/17 08:13 PM

sickk man, i never knew you useto be an animator? i stayed at the art of animation and thought it was just amazing how they come up and sketch up characters and such. we sailed on the disney dream but i heard that the disney fantasy was off the hook and a bigger boat.

my trip was pretty much the same but i'll toss up a shit ton of pics soon.