SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
05/23/15 04:46 PM
Retro Toys v.Transformers

My son found some of my old Tranformers toys from the 80s and is really enjoying playing with them. He found Trypticon, Galvatron, and Ramjet. I had so many Transformers, GI Joes and Star Wars toys when I was a kid. I guess my dad must've thrown most of them out.

I went to the store to check out the new Transformers toys to buy him some more, but they are complete shit compared to the old ones. They seem to transform in like 1-2 steps. They also seem so cheap in quality, but they're bloody expensive.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
05/23/15 05:52 PM
Re: Retro Toys v.Transformers

The new Transformers (haven't checked in years) seem to be very 'bulky'...

I guess parents got fed up with losing tiny guns/fists/etc

I still have Optimus Prime and a few others ...

I always wanted those 'mega' Transformers, that needed 5 guys to build a big ass one, i.e. Constructicons, etc.... \:\( </DeprivedKid>

Never had GI Joes or Star Wars doe...

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
05/23/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SW20_MR2
My son found some of my old Tranformers toys from the 80s and is really enjoying playing with them. He found Trypticon, Galvatron, and Ramjet. I had so many Transformers, GI Joes and Star Wars toys when I was a kid. I guess my dad must've thrown most of them out.

I went to the store to check out the new Transformers toys to buy him some more, but they are complete shit compared to the old ones. They seem to transform in like 1-2 steps. They also seem so cheap in quality, but they're bloody expensive.

this.

yeah my little guy same thing, also found some go-bots, and a shitload of hotwheels/matchbox cars i had too lol. a couple of other random ones like voltron (half missing), MASK cars and such.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
05/24/15 07:31 PM

I still have a lot of my old Gen 1 Transformers, a shit load of GI Joes as well, they're badass.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
05/24/15 09:40 PM

I got some GI Joes that were made in Hong Kong and China in the 80's and they are fantastic.
I see what they got at toy sections now, I feel bad for the kids. Everything is made cheap now days.
Even MotorMaster stuff at Canadian Tire. The new updated lines are made cheaper than older models.

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
05/29/15 09:24 AM

My kids ain't touching my Transformers...

Really old pic of my combiner collection (excuse the dust lol)

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
05/29/15 09:34 AM

The Masterpiece line have been quite impressive and are the only truly decent TF figures released in the last decade or so. Too bad that's about the same time I got married and had to quit "collecting". I recently bought Superion from the Combiner Wars line (I'm a sucker for combiners). It's not too bad... waiting on when the release the new Devastator!

Pic with man to show scale

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 09:43 AM

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Alpha-Trion
The Masterpiece line have been quite impressive and are the only truly decent TF figures released in the last decade or so. Too bad that's about the same time I got married and had to quit "collecting". I recently bought Superion from the Combiner Wars line (I'm a sucker for combiners). It's not too bad... waiting on when the release the new Devastator!

Pic with man to show scale

congraz on getting married and losing your virginity before you turned 40!

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
05/29/15 10:08 AM

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 11:46 AM

Do you still have a bunch of those dolls on your desk?

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
05/29/15 01:00 PM

Damn, those ones in the box are crazy. I loved playing with Jetfire back in the day.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 01:05 PM

My Jetfire was the JDM Bandai version. I wish I kept that. \:\(

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 03:23 PM

hey alphatron how much would one of these run?

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/15 04:16 PM

Damn alpha, nice collection. I have a bunch myself including jetfire.