Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 12:18 PM
LMAO - gassers.......

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-dri...article6899096/

You telling me you couldn't smell the diesel?

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 12:28 PM
Re: LMAO - gassers.......

Most people wouldn't have the slightest idea. I filled up my lawnmower with diesel by mistake a few years ago. Should have seen the smoke show!

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/hundreds-of-vehicles-need-repairs-after-gas-station-mix-up/article6899096/

You telling me you couldn't smell the diesel?

It was in Calgary... over the holidays. Probably -30* outside.

I wouldn't have known, you wouldn't have known, your wife wouldn't have known.

Good on the gas station for taking care of the mistake.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
01/03/13 02:11 PM

*shrug* I don't know what diesel smells like o.O

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 02:18 PM

Smells like shit

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 02:38 PM

i wouldn't have noticed.

what happens when you put diesel through a gas motor?

4age
(Post Master Sr)
01/03/13 02:54 PM

LNXGUY said it was a smoke show in the mower when he put dielsel in it \:D

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 4age
LNXGUY said it was a smoke show in the mower when he put dielsel in it \:D

This was even after I drained the tank!

It will foul up your injectors, but for the most part just smoke like fucking crazy. Gas in a diesel however is a lot worse. Diesel fuel is used as lubrication in the engine, it will fuck up all kinds of very expensive parts (unit injectors, lift pumps, etc etc)

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 05:05 PM

guys...come on...what year are we in?

simple youtube search

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvepCz2RcuU

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
01/03/13 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
guys...come on...what year are we in?

simple youtube search

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvepCz2RcuU

that jump was awesome

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 07:57 AM

my car runs on kerosene

Violent Spectre
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 08:12 AM

When I worked at Honda, we had an older lady with a brand new 2003 Civic that put diesel in it. The best part about it was that the nozzle would not fit in the filler neck so she "poured" the diesel in. Then called us screaming that the car was garbage and would not run. Never in my life have I heard someone that angry on the phone lol.

Then she went off in the showroom again when we told her what was wrong and that her warranty did not cover it lol. One of the funniest things ever lol.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 08:36 AM

^lol wow...and yeah i believe it. some of the notes i see from files at work...it's like REALLY!?!? it's amazing how dumb some folks are...mind boTTling

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: 4age
*shrug* I don't know what diesel smells like o.O

same...

Violent Spectre
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Screamin Civic
^lol wow...and yeah i believe it. some of the notes i see from files at work...it's like REALLY!?!? it's amazing how dumb some folks are...mind boTTling

It was hilarious when we were in the shop trying to figure it out. The tech couldn't figure out why the ecu was lit up like an xmas tree with all of the codes stored. One of the other techs was trying to start it while he was walking behind the car. Then all of a sudden I hear, "there's no fucking way..." he pops the fuel cap off(she "forgot" to mention that she had recently fueled up) and starts laughing. He popped the feed line off of the rail and pumped ome of the fuel into a bottle...yep not gas lol.

I went and asked her again if she had recently fueled up and she finally said yes. I asked her what colour the handle was and she said she doesn't pay attention to stupid stuff like that. I then asked her if she though it was odd that the nozzle did not fit, she then proceeded to blame the stupid Japanese people who designed the car with a hole that was too small lol.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:03 AM

I couldnt work at a dealer.
there would be death.

Violent Spectre
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:05 AM

But the stories you come away with are amazing lol. So many stupid people out there.

Violent Spectre
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:08 AM

Case in point, we just had a Kia dealer send a Sonata over because the drivers headlight did not operate.....install new bulb...profit?!

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Notso Kontrol Freek

It was hilarious when we were in the shop trying to figure it out. The tech couldn't figure out why the ecu was lit up like an xmas tree with all of the codes stored. One of the other techs was trying to start it while he was walking behind the car. Then all of a sudden I hear, "there's no fucking way..." he pops the fuel cap off(she "forgot" to mention that she had recently fueled up) and starts laughing. He popped the feed line off of the rail and pumped ome of the fuel into a bottle...yep not gas lol.

I went and asked her again if she had recently fueled up and she finally said yes. I asked her what colour the handle was and she said she doesn't pay attention to stupid stuff like that. I then asked her if she though it was odd that the nozzle did not fit, she then proceeded to blame the stupid Japanese people who designed the car with a hole that was too small lol.

I'm sure she'll pay attention to the bill

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:15 AM

yeah it's retarded out there 'in the field' as we say haha....we just shake our heads. it's fun sharing some info with our different factory guys too....they literally blurt out "WTF" to some of the stories/repairs/mishaps that occur. so many stories i could share, but not allowed lol.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Notso Kontrol Freek

Violent Spectre
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 09:48 AM

yeah it's retarded out there 'in the field' as we say haha....we just shake our heads. it's fun sharing some info with our different factory guys too....they literally blurt out "WTF" to some of the stories/repairs/mishaps that occur. so many stories i could share, but not allowed lol.

Lol exactly. I've worked the counter at dealerships for about 15 years, people seem to be getting more retarded every year.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
01/04/13 03:25 PM

^LOL i remember at honda someone kept filling up the oil thinking they had to fill it to the top. i guess once it started pouring in to the header they tried to start it.

a lady at work just bought a brand new corrorah, her husband did the first oil change and somehow screwed up. she drove all the way from sauga to north york with no oil, people were trying to flag her on the highway and tell her to stop but she kept on driving being too scared, when she exited the car died.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
01/06/13 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Flexin5
^LOL i remember at honda someone kept filling up the oil thinking they had to fill it to the top. i guess once it started pouring in to the header they tried to start it.

a lady at work just bought a brand new corrorah, her husband did the first oil change and somehow screwed up. she drove all the way from sauga to north york with no oil, people were trying to flag her on the highway and tell her to stop but she kept on driving being too scared, when she exited the car died.

How much did a new engine cost?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
01/07/13 02:42 PM

8g'S for a used motor...car has like 5000km motor has 20k