(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 07:56 AM
Re: scarb block party shooting

Need I say more?

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 07:59 AM

some guy got capped in pickering by the cops. surprised Wayne didnt crash the internet with star articles on it ;\)

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:08 AM

yea.. listening to the ppl talk about it on the radio on the drive in.

sadly there is no one single solution to the "problem", and you'll need everyone in the community to step up to combat this, and have the government help on several fronts.

First, gotta make the sentences tougher, the justice system needs to be revamped and updated. The system is overwhelmed with the number of people waiting, so they end up being let go if the wait is too long. I say, they are held until they are done with the trial, maybe give them some credit for time spent waiting depending on the severity of the crime, and whatever criminal history is there. If they are repeat offenders, don't give them any credit. These people need to be off the streets and stay off the streets.

Second, maybe help the local churches out by funding them and letting them become some level of daycare which then can allow the parents to work their jobs? (instead of just giving them welfare). This way you can get to the kids and hopefully steer them away from the gang lifestyle. But this will only work if you have successful members of the community come in and volunteer their time to help these kids see that there's more out there.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:23 AM

Ed for Parliament

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:25 AM

being stuck in traffic gives me time to think LOL

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

sadly there is no one single solution to the "problem", and you'll need everyone in the community to step up to combat this, and have the government help on several fronts.

First, gotta make the sentences tougher, the justice system needs to be revamped and updated. The system is overwhelmed with the number of people waiting, so they end up being let go if the wait is too long. I say, they are held until they are done with the trial, maybe give them some credit for time spent waiting depending on the severity of the crime, and whatever criminal history is there. If they are repeat offenders, don't give them any credit. These people need to be off the streets and stay off the streets.

Second, maybe help the local churches out by funding them and letting them become some level of daycare which then can allow the parents to work their jobs? (instead of just giving them welfare). This way you can get to the kids and hopefully steer them away from the gang lifestyle. But this will only work if you have successful members of the community come in and volunteer their time to help these kids see that there's more out there.

So you want to pay more taxes to build more prisons to pay to incarcerate these people? You realize that its cheaper to fund social programs than it is to pay the approximately 120k/yr to house a federal prisoner.

Unless of course you are advocating the building of prisons run for profit (see the US model). There the coporations influence the politicians to pass 3 strikes laws so that their profits keep getting bigger.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:30 AM

send the fuckers to the middle east to help the peace keeping / war effort, we'll see how tough they are then when being shot back at or dealing with IED's.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

So you want to pay more taxes to build more prisons to pay to incarcerate these people? You realize that its cheaper to fund social programs than it is to pay the approximately 120k/yr to house a federal prisoner.

Unless of course you are advocating the building of prisons run for profit (see the US model). There the coporations influence the politicians to pass 3 strikes laws so that their profits keep getting bigger.

well, IMO you need both, as there are some people who are not willing to change.

either way, I'd rather taxes be paid towards something tangible vs paying out to more welfare recipients. Since people in these communities have a hard time finding better oppertunities, yet they will still keep having more kids than they can afford to raise on their own. Our tax dollars are already being given to them to perpetuate the problem.

I know it may not be practical for a bunch of people in these communities, but would having a program that moves individual families out of the city work? i.e. move one family to a small town away from the city (i.e. up north or whatever). Idealy, a place that has job oppertunities for the parent(s), and allows them to afford to save up some money and put their kid(s) through school in a better environment?

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:36 AM

There should be a large manditory police presents during these events. You want a block party, then you have to have x number of police there. Ya people will be crying discrimination and it may even prevent events happening but it may also prevent things like this.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
There should be a large manditory police presents during these events. You want a block party, then you have to have x number of police there. Ya people will be crying discrimination and it may even prevent events happening but it may also prevent things like this.

gift wrapped kevlar vests ?

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:38 AM

white folk 'block party'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmX-U22ZX0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmBc8_uD5Nw

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:44 AM

gift wrapped kevlar vests ?

I got a present for you \:D
Warning, Spoiler:

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:47 AM

tossing some of these dolts into jail longer wont do much.

we dont want to emulate the us system.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:51 AM

I agree with this.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:53 AM

so you're going to make the community pay for each event? or would it be "free" (i.e. the rest of us pay)?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:58 AM

blocko, wtf is this? First time I've heard of this sh!t.

Morningside & Lawrence is puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrreee scum area.

If you really think about it, for 19 people to be injured, this must've been a fawking full out shootout.

As far as sentencing and tougher punishment, etc...it won't solve anything. Just kill them, bring the death penalty, expedite the process so it doesn't cost as much between courts/trials/appeals, and move on.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
expedite the process so it doesn't cost as much between courts/trials/appeals, and move on.
Send them to the gulag in Siberia in mother Russia

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:00 AM

expedite the process so it doesn't cost as much between courts/trials/appeals, and move on.
we have found out who the troll JACN actually is. gnsp you dun goofed

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:01 AM

Do you need to purchase a permit for block parties? Maybe do a subsidized fee for police where the community and gov pays together.

At the very least have more patrols around the area. It would be in everyone's best interest to have them "seen" as a preventative effort. I'm sure the aftermath is clocking more man hours than if they were there for "free" in the first place.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:06 AM

well, that would require the community to be pro-active on their own as well.

at the same time, the same community turns around and protects each other first before helping the police with their investigation. If they don't trust the police, why would they openly ask for their help?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:09 AM

Do you need to purchase a permit for block parties? Maybe do a subsidized fee for police where the community and gov pays together.

At the very least have more patrols around the area. It would be in everyone's best interest to have them "seen" as a preventative effort. I'm sure the aftermath is clocking more man hours than if they were there for "free" in the first place.

Pretty sure that entire area is full of cop haters, cops got no cooperation, they get sworn at, people don't want to talk. I'd hate to be a cop and work with the bottom feeders of society. I'd gladly turn my back on them and just let them all off each other, that's probably why cops don't want to be there.

If you are gonna yell profanities at them, disrespect them, etc how much help do you think those "residents" would get. That area has such a beautiful pocket (guildwood), but it's surrounded by this SCUM.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:11 AM

There's just a general lack of respect all around, and neither side is willing to take the first steps to stop the cycle. That is why the rest of the population does not care, and nothing gets solved.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:17 AM

There are reasons for the lack of respect....on both sides.

and police respect has been failing with the rest of society too

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:25 AM

Yea, well.. that is really the first thing that needs to change IMO. But I guess that's more a cultural thing?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/17/12 09:27 AM

Because Ontario.

Kid Bro Sweets
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Creamin Civic
send the fuckers to the middle east to help the peace keeping / war effort, we'll see how tough they are then when being shot back at or dealing with IED's.

forget that, we need the chain gang, put these guys to work that will at least bring some comfort for the 100k or so it costs to house them.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
we have found out who the troll JACN actually is. gnsp you dun goofed

Haha, nice diversion attempt. We need to look at the IPs and find out who it really is

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:13 AM

Quote:
Phil watched the desperate mother pump her teenaged daughter’s chest as blood soaked her shirt. The teen sucked air in bursts, unable to take full breaths.

“Keep awake,” her sobbing mother said. “Keep awake.”

Phil looked at his watch, as he waited for help to arrive. Ten minutes passed. Then 20. Then 30.
javascript:%20void(0);
“She was sucking air,” said Phil, who did not want to give his last name. “Then she took her last two breaths, real quick, then stopped.”

She died.

Where was 355-SI?

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 10:13 AM

Hey guys, we don't have 100% confirmation still, but the 23 yr old male victim is my wife's cousin. He was a good kid. Graduated from York and started up his own business. My wife's family is all at her aunts house and everyone is devastated. Just waiting to hear back from the homicide squad/coroner. RIP Josh.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:18 AM

^^ \:o
All joking aside, my condolences to you and wife. It never hits home that it could be anyone of us as innocent bystanders with this gun violence.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Alpha-Trion
Hey guys, we don't have 100% confirmation still, but the 23 yr old male victim is my wife's cousin. He was a good kid. Graduated from York and started up his own business. My wife's family is all at her aunts house and everyone is devastated. Just waiting to hear back from the homicide squad/coroner. RIP Josh.

Did he live there?

RIP

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:22 AM

All joking aside, my condolences to you and wife.

+1

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 10:28 AM

Did he live there?

RIP

He lives in Ajax with his family. Just bought a new car too. Funny thing was the last time we spoke, he was telling us he wanted to be a cop. He was truly an innocent bystander and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please value each minute of your lives because you truly never know when your life can be senselessly taken.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 10:30 AM

Pretty sure that entire area is full of cop haters, cops got no cooperation, they get sworn at, people don't want to talk. I'd hate to be a cop and work with the bottom feeders of society. I'd gladly turn my back on them and just let them all off each other, that's probably why cops don't want to be there.

If you are gonna yell profanities at them, disrespect them, etc how much help do you think those "residents" would get. That area has such a beautiful pocket (guildwood), but it's surrounded by this SCUM.

What he said.

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 10:31 AM

All joking aside, my condolences to you and wife.

+1

+2

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:38 AM

Did he live there?

RIP

He lives in Ajax with his family. Just bought a new car too. Funny thing was the last time we spoke, he was telling us he wanted to be a cop. He was truly an innocent bystander and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please value each minute of your lives because you truly never know when your life can be senselessly taken.

wow man, that's brutal, way too young. The fact that he was just a bystander makes my blood boil.

Was he together with that girl that also passed?

When i first heard the news I thought he was the intended target due to a fight or something.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:54 AM

sorry to hear \:\(

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 11:09 AM

Police just confirmed that it's him. The police showed up at the family's door at 5am this morning saying their son was involved in the shooting but wouldn't confirm if was injured or dead. So the family was in suspense all morning not knowing what happened. That has got to be the worst feeling in the world. The family can't even view the body until tomorrow.

zc911
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 11:19 AM

damn RIP \:\(

My co-worker lives less than 500ft from where it happened. His wife heard about 30 pops.

Bring back the public hanigng or stoning. I would support the death penatly for people who do this

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 11:58 AM

Oh man, sorry to hear. RIP

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 12:31 PM

fuck man \:\(
sorry to hear.
and yes, the rage is unspeakable for you/your fam im sure........

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 01:54 PM

I'm reading this "analysis" right now.
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/wokxt/breaking_news_11_people_shot_at_house/c5f61do

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 02:09 PM

what a bunch of morons. the fuck

*speaking of the war and back lash tweets n stuff*

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 02:22 PM

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew...-161219575.html

Quote:
A brazen Monday night shootout at a public event in east end Toronto is raising fears of escalating gun violence in Canada's largest city.

Gunfire rang out at an outdoor barbecue in Scarborough at about 10:40pm, leaving two bystanders dead, 21 wounded, and at least three trampled in a rush to leave the scene.

[ Related gallery: Scarborough shooting ]

At a news conference Tuesday morning, police chief Bill Blair admitted that he's concerned about escalating violence.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 02:29 PM

if they talk about banning guns or bullets...fucks sake

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
07/17/12 02:33 PM

Simply brutal, it's one thing to be taking it out on gang members but out in the public with innocent by standards and children?

We have hit an all time low in Toronto.

Not too sure how we solve this problem but the idea of having a "for profit" prison system is sounding really good.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 02:35 PM

Quote:
While both of you (JoshuaErrett and BitchslappedByLogic) have good points about the relevence of music produced in this neighbourhood, I am nevertheless very troubled by this quote from a song (by a local artist) cited above http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTMJVI9z3c&feature=related:
"Fuck a gun range, my aim sloppy - Shower posses, make it rain, kill everybody"
From the sounds of it, this looks exactly like what went down last night. This obviously doesn't implicate the rap artist in this shooting, or anything like that, but it does point to a complete lack of 'a code' (e.g. G code) being promoted in the area. If I recall, Tupac Shakur played an important role in developing a code of conduct between feuding gangs in LA. I hope that these artists work to promote something similar in Toronto, rather than promote further tragedy (particularly with those outside 'the game').

*buys vest*

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 02:36 PM

sorry to hear alpha-tron. such a waste. \:\(

355-Si
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 03:14 PM

I lived 100 meters away from that scene on Morningside when I was young (we moved when I was 9 to North York).

I'm not looking forward to going to work the next few days... retaliation.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 03:19 PM

Do you have more info? Were they using an automatic or semi? I still don't understand how so many people were injured...

SiRice
(Post Master Jr)
07/17/12 03:24 PM

Don't want to make assumptions but I have doubts it would be an automatic firearm. Most likely semi and willing to bet with 9mm. Hopefully no 45ACP.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 03:40 PM

I doubt it's auto too, that alone I think carries a 7 year sentence on its own (just having possession of one)...but again for 19 people to be injured I'd assume it was quite a few bullets flying.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 04:10 PM

Condolences to the family and friends. Shitty way to go. Shot by some scumbag wannabe gangster.

Do you have more info? Were they using an automatic or semi? I still don't understand how so many people were injured...

2 or 3 guys each with a handgun loaded with 9-15 rounds. .22 or a 9mm will penetrate and pass through most things pretty easily without causing much damage. Neither are overly power and wont do alot of damage unless its a head shot or several centre of mass. Both are cheap and easy to get too.

A .40 will do a pretty decent amount of damage, even will poorly aimed shots. Thats why the cops use them. Most cant shoot for shit, but at least they can stand, aim and work their sidearms properly. Gangbangers, not so much.

A .45 would leave alot more people dead or very seriously injured. Its a very big and heavy round that does alot of damage. You get hit with one of those in the head or chest, youre done.

Its cases like this where I dont supoort our gun laws at all. A responsible, well trained licenced to carry gun owner like myself could have ended this shooting, the Eaton Centre on or that girl on Yonge St a few years ago within a few seconds.

Instead, I cant leave my home with my guns without calling the cops first while these scum bags start firefights at a family party.

oranjizz
(Post Master)
07/17/12 05:17 PM

I doubt it's auto too, that alone I think carries a 7 year sentence on its own (just having possession of one)...but again for 19 people to be injured I'd assume it was quite a few bullets flying.
I don't think a fully automatic weapon has been used in a murder in Canada...I could be wrong. It is not that hard to harm 22 people with any type of action if there is a crowd of 200+ and two shooters.

oranjizz
(Post Master)
07/17/12 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Condolences to the family and friends. Shitty way to go. Shot by some scumbag wannabe gangster.

2 or 3 guys each with a handgun loaded with 9-15 rounds. .22 or a 9mm will penetrate and pass through most things pretty easily without causing much damage. Neither are overly power and wont do alot of damage unless its a head shot or several centre of mass. Both are cheap and easy to get too.

A .40 will do a pretty decent amount of damage, even will poorly aimed shots. Thats why the cops use them. Most cant shoot for shit, but at least they can stand, aim and work their sidearms properly. Gangbangers, not so much.

A .45 would leave alot more people dead or very seriously injured. Its a very big and heavy round that does alot of damage. You get hit with one of those in the head or chest, youre done.

Its cases like this where I dont supoort our gun laws at all. A responsible, well trained licenced to carry gun owner like myself could have ended this shooting, the Eaton Centre on or that girl on Yonge St a few years ago within a few seconds.

Instead, I cant leave my home with my guns without calling the cops first while these scum bags start firefights at a family party.
While I agree with your premise how many people at that party do you think could qualify to be gun owners (let alone are actual legal gun owners).

spd-dmn
(Post Master)
07/17/12 06:02 PM

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/201...bbers-in-Ocala-

Worked in this instance but in the case of a blocko do you really think you can isolate the intended target out of a huge, running and panicking crowd?

Vigilantism is a slippery slope!

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 06:46 PM

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 06:58 PM

If you were there with a gun, it probably caused same or more damage as both gangs try to kill you while everybody is running around in chaos. 2 way gun fight is now a 3 way.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 07:14 PM

\:\(

RIP

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: porschetr

If you were there with a gun, it probably caused same or more damage as both gangs try to kill you while everybody is running around in chaos. 2 way gun fight is now a 3 way.

Ummm, flawed logic much?

I wish we were allowed to conceal carry here.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 09:45 PM

Risky, shooting is a very fun hobby to take up. If you've never been, check out Target Sports Canada. You can try about 30 different various handgun and rifles there.

Back in my prime, I could hit 3 separate targets 2-3 times from about 10 feet away in about 3.5 seconds.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:24 PM

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/...f-the-good-guys

Too soon! He sounds like a solid member of society. \:\(

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:28 PM

Sorry to hear alpha. This city is getting fucked hard. Time for Blair to go.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
07/17/12 10:33 PM

Sounds like a good kid. Shame.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/17/12 10:54 PM

What's impressive is this guy was only 23 and had this barber shop that sounds like could've been raking it in. What a shame man.

I hope whoever is responsible gets caught by karma 10x worse. Mother fuckers.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 08:04 AM

the shop was 9 months old. i wouldnt say it was raking it in but he and his buddies were on their way!

very sad.

and of course all the silly gun ban talk is about ...because people who fire into crowds abide by the laws and use legal guns for such activities.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 08:14 AM

the worst is adam vaughan with his "ban on bullets" talk... I don't get how this retard gets re-elected.

gun bans don't work because, 1 the guns are already on the streets, and 2, like these people even care about the law LOL. Delusional politicians with no sense of reality.

IMO, if convicted of a gun crime, the judge should have to option to strip you of your canadian citizenship and send you off to some third world country that we'd offer cash to their government to allow us to airdrop these gang members.. or pay them a fraction of the price to setup a prison in their country.. i.e. outsourcing it.

On the radio this morning, one of the lawyers suggested that we should have mandatory military service for young people i.e. by age 18. That way they learn discipline and respect for authority.. Not sure if I agree with it or not since by that age, they are probably already involved. Instead, I would consider some sort of mandatory summer camp or high discipline schooling system (i.e. a military style school?).

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 08:30 AM

the shop was 9 months old. i wouldnt say it was raking it in but he and his buddies were on their way!

very sad.

What I meant is the $ potential was there. The kid was educated, VERY YOUNG, how many people even have an ontario inc number at 22, let a lone a cash business that caters to a growing demographic that blow money like it's going out of style in an area that's basically perfect for the service he was offering.

It's a shame, this guy was going places.

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
07/18/12 08:38 AM

Thanks guys... he was a hard working guy, graduated with honors from York in Criminology... we always joked that he didn't go out often and opted to stay home and study. It's a travesty that his life ended so young. I really hope they find these fukkers... I'm so pissed right now. Their family is going to see body right now... can't imagine what they're going through.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 08:41 AM

Thanks guys... he was a hard working guy, graduated with honors from York in Criminology... we always joked that he didn't go out often and opted to stay home and study. It's a travesty that his life ended so young. I really hope they find these fukkers... I'm so pissed right now. Their family is going to see body right now... can't imagine what they're going through.

\:\( \:\(

so much

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 10:31 AM

adam vaughan is a grade A retard.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 10:34 AM

adam vaughan is a grade A retard.

and the people who keep voting for him are even worst!

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 10:38 AM

yup I dont get it. Hes seriously fucked. has completely ruined the night life of Toronto. Wants condos up all over.. bullet ban now.. Hes a moron

Alpha-Trion
(Post Master Sr)
07/18/12 01:55 PM

add Rob Ford to that list /captain obvious

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 02:01 PM

but really, there isn't anything that can be done at the city level..

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 02:50 PM

I dunno about that...

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 06:52 PM

Rob Ford is the same guy voting against money from the feds for gang prevention porgrams, but now suddenly, he wants more police officers for Tavis, and a get tough approach. Higher incarceration rates, and longer sentences only punish the tax payer.

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
07/18/12 07:10 PM

Very sorry to hear about your wife's cousin

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
11/08/12 06:56 AM

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/...nt-this-morning