sexypants
(Post Master)
04/29/10 07:41 PM
Moving to Kansas

Well, I found out that I'll be going to Ft. Riley. Is there anything to do in the area? I've been on Google Earth and it looks pretty isolated aside from Topeka.

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
04/29/10 08:36 PM
Re: Moving to Kansas

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

Watch out for Junction City girls, they want Army husbands to help them travel the world.

sexypants
(Post Master)
04/29/10 09:58 PM

Well, its not any different than any other military town I guess. I see that they have a Walmart and BestBuy near so I should be alright.

KCCivicSiRacer
(Post Master Sr)
05/01/10 10:29 AM

Yeah. It's not too bad. Kansas City isn't too far of a drive.

My old roommate was in the reserves and his drill was there so he used to make the trek once a month.

sexypants
(Post Master)
05/05/10 10:01 PM

How is the housing in Manhattan? Is it more of a college town or typical military town?

4doorEGAdministrator
(Post Master Sr)
05/08/10 11:09 PM

I'm pretty sure manhattan is more of a college town.

sexypants
(Post Master)
05/10/10 03:57 PM

4doorEG, how is Manhattan toward military folk? Are they more like f u? Or do they cater toward them. I've read a lot on the city and every article makes very little mention, if any, about the military.

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
05/12/10 07:05 AM

I talked to several of the guys I work with who were formerly stationed at Riley. They said Manhattan is great towards the military people except sometimes they got shit down in the bar district (Aggieville) from college kids. Otherwise they said it was well worth the extra 15 minute commute to not live in Junction City.

sexypants
(Post Master)
05/12/10 10:17 PM

Thanks, I'm done with bars. I had my share while I was in college. On maps, Manhattan looks to be pretty close to main post. Is it that far from it?

uberpollo
(Post Master Sr)
05/12/10 10:57 PM

All the guys I talked to lived up in the Tuttle Creek area on the north side, so they drove through Manhattan to get to base.

4doorEGAdministrator
(Post Master Sr)
05/15/10 03:08 PM

I have some friends that go to Manhattan and also military and they never stated any issues.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Have fun cow tipping \:\)