cabrone
(Jr Poster)
07/09/10 07:44 PM
Used Civic Smells like MARIJUANA!l

lol the last post about this POS my gf bought of craigslist. I feel bad, she thought she was getting a good deal but ended up getting screwed IMO. Anyways, she bought this car of Craigslist last year, and it has a noticeably strong smell of marijuana around the car, inside and out. It doesnt always smell, and I cant really pinpoint WHEN the smell happens. But sometimes well be driving, and like 20 minutes into the drive randomly this really strong FRESH weed smell just rolls through the vents. Its so bad people in my complex have said something to me. It smells inside and out. I even took both passenger and driver door panels off to try and find a stash lol. I dont know where to look or what to do, I dont think the local PD would beleive me if i told them. Where are some places I could look or are there other things that could SMELL like weed? lol

Splix
(Newbie)
07/14/10 02:32 PM
Re: Used Civic Smells like MARIJUANA!l

Do you have a cabin filter? Try changing that out because if someone hot-box's it with the a/c on recirculate, all of that smoke will get sucked up the vents and back out, causing anything in its path to smell like the smoke.

kidoekid
(Newbie)
08/11/10 02:07 PM

orrrr, you might wanna check your air vents for a hidden sack of weed. lolll hey, i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case. ;\)

JustThisGame
(Newbie)
09/30/10 12:42 AM

whole thing has been suspected?

RG2LEM1
(Jr Poster)
03/22/16 11:39 PM

I always used to have this problem...wash the carpet and panels. Wipe everything down (Windex, Fabreeze) where smoke might settle. Done.

dohcvtecguy
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/18 07:10 AM

It's a mule civic. Oh, darnit Jim. Let's ride.

Gooneryoda
(Post Master Supreme)
06/21/19 03:03 PM

eww