AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
01/17/12 11:11 AM
JDM vs. USDM

Hey guys, I'm in the process of changing over my daily to a B series. I've done this in Washington and had no issues. California is a whole lot different of course. I was looking at going JDM Type R but with all stuff I've found on the internet, I'm thinking of just going with a USDM GSR and call it a day. I want to be able to get the car ref'd and bar'd and still daily drive it registered. I know that I could probably pick your guys' brains so maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
01/17/12 01:47 PM
Re: JDM vs. USDM

You're right CA is an administrative nightmare. Smog certification is done electronically through CADMV. Talk to SiRocket or Jimmmmmmah! if you want to know more.

AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
01/17/12 09:37 PM

Thank you for the reply. I really need to figure this out soon because I need my daily back. I basically need to decide which way to go because the car is ready for a motor to go in. I just can't find any real solid information about what I need to do.

AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
01/17/12 11:22 PM

I thought I might add that I didn't have to do emissions this last year when I renewed my registration so that means I will have to do so this year when it is up right? Can I just take my car to get emissions run on it and if it passes with the swap I go with then I'm good? Sorry I've been searching and searching and don't want to make this any more of a headache than it has to be. Thanks.

AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
01/20/12 01:59 PM

Well I just picked up a 97 JDM B18C. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
01/22/12 04:21 PM

So I've been trying to buy up all the parts that I'm going to need to replace before my engine goes in and I can not find any info about which clutch kit to use for my 96-97 spec ITR swap. Anybody with real experience on the subject that could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/25/12 03:02 PM

Posting in OT might net you more help or maybe Si vs. all

Carfantasy
(Newbie)
05/18/12 01:48 AM

good post, it is what i am seeking for.

AZCardinalsFTW
(Post Master Sr)
10/12/12 10:58 AM

Emissions time has come and I am not looking forward to it.

RG2LEM1
(Jr Poster)
03/24/16 01:54 PM

I have seen people drop in USDM b18c5's...otherwise, just find a "guy" for a smog hook-up for $$$. That's what everyone does.