Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7667909 - 04/27/14 11:40 PM Best compression shorts?
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: EST
Not sure if there is a gear thread..

need to replace my 4 pairs of Under Armour compression shorts that i bought about 5 years ago. i've heard the quality of those isn't what it used to be. Any recommendations? Anything that helps with the low back and IT band would be great, i like them tight. willing to pay up to $50/pair if they're good and are going to last another 5 years

#7667961 - 04/28/14 12:55 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: ElementBabe]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
budget too low for my recommendations. 2XU make some of the best compression pants around. I've been using mine for 2+ years now and the sewing has held up and the crotches haven't gotten all ratty like the under armor's do after like 5 uses.

But I have the long sleeve pants, I have the normal ones which are like 90 dollars and I have the recovery pants to sleep in which are 200 dollars.

Reband makes some compression shorts, or warm up pants I guess you could call them, brandon campbell on youtube did a review of them, I have no personal experience.

#7667975 - 04/28/14 01:27 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: 137]
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

i have a 2XU long sleeve compression shirt i picked up on chainlove for $30 and calf sleeves for $15/pair. i like them.

my under armour's were the $25 ones and they've held up for 5 years. i have 4 pairs, if i've gone to the gym 4x week for 5 years, then each pair has been worn >250 times. so maybe they dont make them like they used to.

i see these 2XU shorts are $79 and the 'elite' version whatever that is is $89
http://www.2xu.com/elite-compression-short-ma1934b.html
are you following the size guide on here or going bigger/smaller

#7667993 - 04/28/14 04:02 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: ElementBabe]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
I have mediums for my recovery pants, my quads are around 25-26in, nice snug around the hips. A little horrible to put on the first time, but they'll have some give eventually.

The training pants I have are a large, I was around 212 maybe bigger when I got them. Depending on your body weight, and they have an elaborate sizing chart, I'd get a size smaller if you want them fairly tight, it should say what body weight you should be maximum for certain sizes.

#7668078 - 04/28/14 07:20 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: 137]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I bought 2 pairs of adidas compression shorts for $25 on amazon.

#7668158 - 04/28/14 08:28 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: 137]
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 137
I have mediums for my recovery pants, my quads are around 25-26in, nice snug around the hips. A little horrible to put on the first time, but they'll have some give eventually.

The training pants I have are a large, I was around 212 maybe bigger when I got them. Depending on your body weight, and they have an elaborate sizing chart, I'd get a size smaller if you want them fairly tight, it should say what body weight you should be maximum for certain sizes.

body weight/height chart has me on the large side of a small. i think my UAs are mediums. i'm still skeptical that these are any better than cheap ones. their workout t-shirts are $60 and they just look like t-shirts.

#7998980 - 12/09/14 02:30 AM Re: Best compression shorts? [Re: ElementBabe]
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

i just tried the 2XU compression shorts, ordered small and medium. my complaint is they dont come up high enough in the low back. they barely cover the top of my ass. i have to pull to try to get the fabric over the top but there isnt enough. i specifically like the low back compression i get with my old UAs. the medium is slightly better here. an extra inch of waistband height would be nice. the material is good though, its similar/better to my UAs from 2009 and way better than the shit UA sells today
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads