Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7616796 - 03/25/14 10:34 AM doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility...
Random Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Seattle, Wa
After doing nothing but cardio for a month and a half, I have begun doing strength training. I found a good novice workout regime, and it seems to be working. My only problem is I have limited movement in my right knee. I cant bend it more than a 90 degree angle. I have been worried that the squats and deadlifts I am doing are doing more harm than good. When I do squats, I can feel it all over, but I dont want to hurt my back if I cant do it properly. basically, this is as far down as I can physically go.

Same with deadlifts, I have to bend way more at the waist to get the weight all the way down. I just dont want to damage my back. should I just keep going with what I am doing, or switch up the exercises I am doing to accomodate my mobility more?

#7616801 - 03/25/14 10:35 AM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: Random]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
eliminate the shit from your routine that is going to ruin your knee in the long run until it's either healed. or just get fat bro, so much easier.

#7616822 - 03/25/14 10:42 AM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: 137]
Random Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Seattle, Wa
my knee is already ruined. there is no healing to be done. it was tore up in an accident when I was a year and a half old. I havent been able to bend my right knee past a 90 degree angle is 36 years.

#7616832 - 03/25/14 10:45 AM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: 137]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
that ROM is fine for squats...
and a deadlift is a hip hinge movement. you shouldnt be getting so low that you have a quasi-squat included in it.

#7617141 - 03/25/14 12:59 PM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: ]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Maybe sumo deadlifting will work for you.
#7617371 - 03/25/14 02:26 PM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: Silock]
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MA
just half rep like 85% of the people who lift.

#7617429 - 03/25/14 02:42 PM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: McCavityCat]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
 Originally Posted By: McCavityCat
just half rep like 85% of the people who lift.

hahahah

#7624216 - 03/29/14 01:21 PM Re: doing squats and deadlifts with limited mobility... [Re: Silock]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
 Originally Posted By: Silock
Maybe sumo deadlifting will work for you.

definitely less knee flexion sumo style...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads