Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6771038 - 12/14/12 01:38 PM Puking in the gym...
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
I'm not one of those guys that looks at this as a badge of honor... I hate to barf, haven't barfed in 12+ years, and would like to keep it that way... bad hangover on an early AM flight home from Vegas in '99...

Anyone today was leg day, and we knocked out 3 sets of squats for 12's, then 2 sets of hacksquats for 12's, then it was on to our walking lunges...

Used 40lb dbs today for 30-40 reps... I did 30 last week, so knew i had to get a few more this week... first set i knocked out 34... 2nd set i was huffing and puffing like a wolf at 20, but kept going, almost quit at 30, but just though BIG LEGS, and squeezed out 34 again... i don't know if i could get much closer to hurling without doing so, but I was proud of myself for keeping my shit together, but FUARCK, if you ain't doing walking lunges, start...!

#6771054 - 12/14/12 01:50 PM Re: Puking in the gym... [Re: DieZel]
Impulsive Online   nohc
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
I do walking lunges, but more weight (85 lb db's) less reps (14-18 or so) and more for overall balance/core after some squats. I never push it to any extreme since it's more accessory work and I typically do cardio the day of and the day after leg workouts. If I push my legs with too much volume, I walk like Frankenstein for 3 days.

I've never puked after exercise and I hope to keep it that way. That would definitely ruin a workout for me.

Edited by Impetuous (12/14/12 01:50 PM)

#6771067 - 12/14/12 01:57 PM Re: Puking in the gym... [Re: Impulsive]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
i was doing higher weights when i was doing my 531, but have gone to a new training protocol, and while walking with 70,80lb dbs is hard, i think it's rougher the longer you go...

i've seen these done NUMEROUS ways, but i touch my rear knee to the ground as instructed by my prep coach... not sure if that makes a difference in the diffculty, but my quads are blowed the fuck up after those 2 sets... then trying to knock out 20 reps on leg extenstion afterwards is always fun...

#6771621 - 12/14/12 06:42 PM Re: Puking in the gym... [Re: DieZel]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
I haven't done lunges in a while. But if you want something that really sucks more than weighted or walking lunges just do alternating lunges in place, a total of 50 for about 3 sets. It will look funny as shit but you get some fast twitch muscle training in your glute and hip abductors and it hurts like a bitch for a few days

#6810860 - 01/04/13 08:16 PM Re: Puking in the gym... [Re: 137]
The Mighty BellRacer Offline
Despises overt racism
Post Master Supreme

Loc: DFW
Walking weighted lunges = win.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads