Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3943079 - 07/29/09 01:39 PM NC Gets a ZO6 police cruiser
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

And to think, I still get psyched when I see a z28 cop car. Although if I had my druthers, I'd probably prefer the lp560 \:\)

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/police-in-north-carolina-patrol-in-a-corvette/?hp

Speeders in Wake County, N.C., will have to go pretty fast if they want to outrun the police department’s latest interceptor — a Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

The Wake County police recently seized the Corvette from a drug dealer, said David Cooke, the county manager, according to the News & Observer. The car is being used to patrol Interstate 40.

The county sheriff, Donnie Harrison, however, was apparently less forthcoming with the local paper. “You’re not going to force me to talk about anything, you understand?” he was reported as saying. “I don’t sell papers.”

The department’s Corvette Z06 has done more than sell papers. It has fired up the Corvette and sports car forums. The first sightings were reported two weeks ago on Horsepower Junkies, where the idea of the Wake County police driving around in a pricey sports car sparked some debate.

“If it was a repo, I’m sure more officers in that dept. would love to have it sold if it would mean they might have a better chance in getting a small pay increase,” wrote one member.

Another member countered: “As long as Donnie Harrison does not have a problem with it, I don’t have a problem with it, if for no other reason than the fear it has generated in this thread — that car is paying for itself in sheer intimidation. Heck, they need one in every county in the state.”

With 505 horsepower and a top speed of 198 miles an hour, the Corvette Z06 is likely to be a huge step up from the traditional highway patrol car, though this isn’t the first high-performance machine to be employed by the police.

Last year we reported on a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 polizia car in Italy. More recently, the Humberside Police in England took delivery of a Lexus IS-F, which comes with more than 400 horsepower and has a top speed of 168 miles an hour.

At last year’s Woodward Dream Cruise, the Royal Oak Police Department in Michigan paraded a shiny orange Corvette ZR1. It generated quite a bit of publicity, but a call to the department on Wednesday revealed that the super cruiser was only used one time for the annual event and was not a permanent part of the police fleet.

Videos
#3943094 - 07/29/09 01:44 PM Re: NC Gets a ZO6 police cruiser [Re: NOT spotch...]
A_Mantis Administrator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Valley of the Sun
http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3932401/fpart/1

Still though..... bad ass. I remember living in Texas for awhile and being pumped about seeing LS1 Z28 and fox body/sn95 5.0 cop cars. If i were speeding and flew by a Z06 cop I would just immediately pull over and wait. \:\(

#3943108 - 07/29/09 01:47 PM Re: NC Gets a ZO6 police cruiser [Re: A_Mantis]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

oh like everyone has time to check out there constantly anyway.

#3943241 - 07/29/09 02:33 PM Re: NC Gets a ZO6 police cruiser [Re: NOT spotch...]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
How many highspeed pursuits have they had in that county that would require more then a Crown Vic? lol

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads