Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#935073 - 01/18/07 09:49 PM New numbers.....
Professor Paki Administrator Offline
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Edit: I did goof up.

Close to 500rwtq at 4k rpms. Havent started tuning yet.

That makes much more sense.

Videos
#935078 - 01/18/07 09:50 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
EngineNoO9 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: VA
what's your full setup again? it's been so long I forget
#935096 - 01/18/07 09:52 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: EngineNoO9]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Now? Stock displacement 9.5:1 motor, heads/cam/alky/race gas, very small blower pulley, big exhaust, front mount, supporting fuel, and a pretty aggressive timing table.
#935115 - 01/18/07 09:57 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
ReplicaR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: E.E.B.
Dang. Are you still using that as a daily?

Acceleration.... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Handling......... \:\( -------+-- \:\)
Speed............ \:\( ------+--- \:\)

#935120 - 01/18/07 09:58 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: ReplicaR]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

In Shit-ass LA traffic to go to work and back? Hell no. Waste of a car. Retired it from daily stuff a year ago when I moved down here.
#935221 - 01/18/07 10:19 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: ]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Not anywhere near knowing yet, Chuck. HP hasnt even caught up with the tq numbers, we havent gone past 4k.
#935423 - 01/18/07 10:49 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
morpheus Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Warrensburg, MO
Hear anything from USCC?

#935487 - 01/18/07 11:00 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: morpheus]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Not yet.

Fingers crossed. Once this is done, not a single change will be made to the car till I know for sure whether or not I got in. If I do make it, I want to hit the comp with a tried and tested setup.

#936348 - 01/19/07 08:17 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
RacerXI Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Dothan, AL
Wicked. Keep us updated as usual.

#937167 - 01/19/07 12:14 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: RacerXI]
SD91RS Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
Nice man! Good luck on USCC!

I keep telling Aram to enter in USCC with his RX-7, but I think he's too lazy to do the paperwork.

Garen mundua konkistatzen delako joan!

#937197 - 01/19/07 12:23 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
Driven Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Taiwan - Digital Nomading
Originally Posted By: pakisho
Not yet.

Fingers crossed. Once this is done, not a single change will be made to the car till I know for sure whether or not I got in. If I do make it, I want to hit the comp with a tried and tested setup.

if you need a driver... \:\)

#937589 - 01/19/07 01:59 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Driven]
diku_ Offline
hateful terrist

Loc: Houston, TX
where are the numbers sala benchod!
#943324 - 01/19/07 07:44 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: diku_]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

The clutch started acting up. No new numbers yet.
#943709 - 01/19/07 10:32 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
Sukkoi18 Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Quad Cities IL/IA
Do you run a P1 or a D1?

#943715 - 01/19/07 10:37 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Sukkoi18]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

D1.
#944089 - 01/20/07 02:24 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
I am Jack's VR6 Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Are you serious? USCC is a fucking joke.
© #1 e-thug™ ®

#944259 - 01/20/07 08:55 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
danl Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Maryland USA
Not yet.

You know your car no doubt. However I'd keep it as much as you have it as possible. I live by two philosophies when going racing. Keep it simple and keep it the same. Don't go changing stuff the night before a race with no way to easily change it back. Even when I change fuel/timing maps I'll keep my old one handy to dump back into the car if the new one isn't working well. You need lots and lots of time testing new setups. The last thing you want to worry about in competition is what the car is doing or needs. If you just bring a well sorted car to the competition you'll most likely win because of that.

#944493 - 01/20/07 11:47 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: danl]
Sukkoi18 Offline
Jr Member

Time for the F1.

#945223 - 01/20/07 05:22 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Sukkoi18]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

I dont need the F1, dont want to too far over 700, because drivetrain parts will break on a regular basis. Even at 600rwhp the car had plenty of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl0TJKh0YmU

Once Im done, and IF I get in, I have 4-5 months to dial in the car.

And Ian, the competition is only as good as the cars. It takes one hell of a ride to kick ass at the track, make power on the dyno, be emmissions and mpg friendly, and deliver a decent driving experience.

#946942 - 01/21/07 09:32 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
I am Jack's VR6 Offline
Sr Member

That's the problem... The competition isn't as good as the cars, it's as good as the people running the competition. I've heard horror stories from many people that go into that thing.

How do you really expect to put down your power on DOT tires and shitty track prep? Do you remember that LSx RX7 in last years? That dude put down almost 500whp and almost went into the wall past half track. How are you going to do with another 200 whp?

How are you going to place in a car show of import biased judges? If you are planning on keeping your interior stock or anywhere near it, you're fucked.
© #1 e-thug™ ®

#947092 - 01/21/07 10:41 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: I am Jack's VR6]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Competition mode lets you spin the tires but will keep the car pointed straight. LACR wont be a problem.

Interior will have a few very minor tweaks plus stereo system, aftermarket seats, harnesses, bar, etc. MIght plumb a nitrous system just for the looks.

#947340 - 01/21/07 12:09 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
EngineNoO9 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: VA
Even if he doesn't win... the recognition he can get by being in the mag would be worth it. Most die hard car people understand that some of the judging shit is crap and realize paki's car is pretty bad ass
#947652 - 01/21/07 02:00 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: EngineNoO9]
Sukkoi18 Offline
Jr Member

My mistake I thought this was like Hot Rod's fastest street car shootout. Apparantly there are other factors.

#950813 - 01/22/07 10:53 AM Re: New numbers..... [Re: EngineNoO9]
I am Jack's VR6 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: EngineNoO9
Even if he doesn't win... the recognition he can get by being in the mag would be worth it. Most die hard car people understand that some of the judging shit is crap and realize paki's car is pretty bad ass

The recognition is worth what, exactly? Most die hard car people don't read SCC.

Paki, do what you'd like. Just stop for a second and think about the fact you are considering pluming a fake nitrous system for a shitty car magazine with a loaded competition.
© #1 e-thug™ ®

#953006 - 01/22/07 07:42 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: I am Jack's VR6]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

The nitrous system wont be fake, I just probably wont use it. I dont understand what you have against the comp? Show me a single mag that has as extensive a battery of tests? I thought it was a shitass comp as well when the 350Z won it, but then I realized it was because NONE of the other cars were well sorted to do well across the board. Hello 1000hp viper with no AC, and blinged out single turbo supra on 19 inch wheels.

If I get in, hell yes Im going to do it.

#953056 - 01/22/07 07:57 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
danl Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Maryland USA
If I had a chance to be dead last in a magazine I'd do it. I'd do the SCC shootout if invited but I would never be. I don't see a car who's new worth sums less than an set of race tires for the average car of that competition being invited. By chance every other car in the competition would DNF they would have to not publish the article which is a chance I don't believe they'd be willing to take seeing the attrition of those slapped together cars they "invite" to that event. A well sorted car pakisho should do well. Especially one of the caliber of the vette. If by chance you aren't selected it will most likely be due to the fact that they are afraid of you winning in their prestigious magazine.
#953129 - 01/22/07 08:15 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: danl]
Driven Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Taiwan - Digital Nomading
point is... the USCC is stupid.
if Time covered the Special Olympics, would you participate just to be in the article? No... cause that'd be stupid.

The USCC is retarded... a DYNO event? comeon... yeah, let's see which car can make the most peak power, which would be unusable unless trying to launch off of an aircraft carrier sideways.

MPG? I don't know a single car modder who is concerned with MPG... especially building a competent performance car.

oh well... not my event... which is why i started my own.

#953441 - 01/22/07 09:21 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Driven]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Driven
point is... the USCC is stupid.

The USCC is retarded... a DYNO event? comeon... yeah, let's see which car can make the most peak power, which would be unusable unless trying to launch off of an aircraft carrier sideways.

They look at and count area under the curve as well, so much for that idea.

Quote:
MPG? I don't know a single car modder who is concerned with MPG... especially building a competent performance car.

oh well... not my event... which is why i started my own.

Agree somewhat, though I think you are missing the point.....what is the ultimate "street car"? I think its a car that can kick ass at everything a street car does, thus the "ultimate" title. Accordingly, mpg must factor in. God bless 6th gear. \:D

Where and when is your event? I'll do it.

The reason Im doing it is that I dont want to be just another "Omg look at this super sweet vette" article in a vette mag, and I want to compete against DIFFERENT cars. Look at the average lineup of USCC. Its an enthusiasts wet dream. Vipers, skylines, supras, ultimas, twin engined hyundais? Youre goddamn right I want to put my car up against a diverse selection of heavily modified cars.

And as I said before, show me a single competition other than this one that comes close to what this one does. Show me, so I can enter that one too!

#953453 - 01/22/07 09:23 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
I am Jack's VR6 Offline
Sr Member

The nitrous system wont be fake, I just probably wont use it. I dont understand what you have against the comp? Show me a single mag that has as extensive a battery of tests? I thought it was a shitass comp as well when the 350Z won it, but then I realized it was because NONE of the other cars were well sorted to do well across the board. Hello 1000hp viper with no AC, and blinged out single turbo supra on 19 inch wheels.

If I get in, hell yes Im going to do it.

GRM's $2006 competition is a perfect example of a well sorted competition.

Here are some comments from last years LS7 RX7 to give you an idea of what really goes on.

Originally Posted By: LS1-FD
I have not seen the issue yet.

worst in environmental, No cats LOL

worst in acceleration
Talk about sand on the track [url]http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ls7+rx7/0/adcb6a55-0ce5-4a01-b498-982d00243fe2.htm[/url]

I took the car to Sacramento race track to see what it would run without sand.
[url]http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ls7+rx7/0/fecf5599-23cb-4806-bccd-983b002d54c5.htm[/url]

Did poorly in show car
My car is very clean but I do not have all of the ricer parts on my car. New paint 99 front bumper very clean r1 interior with Raceshop CM cage.

braking
My car brakes very good. They told us to brake at the 1st cone and this is where the track was in bad shape. The cars that did better in braking where braking further down the track where the track was in better shape. Talk about not following the rules and getting away with it.

skidpad I think that I was in 3rd on this.

road course My car was smoking bad on the turns so I only ran 2 warm up laps, no all out runs. It turns out that my motor was sucking in engine oil on the turns. I later fixed this with a catch can.

Hp
3rd place, the only car on pump gas and no turbo. I was happy with 3rd.

gross display
This is easy with a v8 rx7
[url]http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ls7+rx7/0/3c33e75d-de7e-4370-bc4d-984201588c21.htm[/url]

Midpack in economy
427 motor not too bad

girlfriend test
She was hot

I had alot of fun in the event. Not everything was fair, but it never is.

Mark do you want to add anything?

Then Mark chimes in. He had the silver LS1 RX7 that was in the USCC a couple years ago. He was there at last years USCC to help out LS1-FD.

Originally Posted By: gnx7
This challenge has many pitfalls:
The whole staff on the SCC Mag crew is new... and they didn't run it as smoothly as last year's event that is for sure. Less sponsors and absolutely no free stuff (ie Mother's products, Motul oils, free event Tshirt, etc).

The drag strip for this test is surrounded by concrete plants with dust/sand blowing across it all day long. It does the drag, 20-100mph test, and braking. Crappy prep and zero VHT on the track. It was a joke. So was last year just not as badly prepped. The braking rules were not enforced either which was total BS and gave an advantage to those that cheated. These results killed his overall points accumulation where he should've finished towards the top.

Like last year: The gas mileage loop they don't tell you that you can bring a large truck and draft behind it going 40mph on the freeway and then coast downhill for miles, plop in a different ECU setup for running super lean... and other tricks. The route was poorly signposted as well as some actually got lost and they didn't disqualify them.

The skidpad surface wasn't as nice as last years also and was in the process of being fixed.. Mike runs the stock sway bars and bushings which may limit the cars handling potential and he never really tested optimal tire pressures. You can ask him about his prep which I'm not 100% clear on. My buildup followed an SCCA National AutoX champion's setup (Andy McKee) and it worked well... just rides very stiff is the tradeoff and is very darty.

Another BS to note is this:
They allow professional drivers to pilot the cars which certainly affects the end results in some tests. They certainly don't print it in the results.... Some people simply can't drive their own cars I guess. ie the Skyline had a professional Japanese Skyline racer at the strip, the NSX guy didn't drive the car at all, and many others had long time road racers pilot their cars at the road course which was their home track! IMO the event should be driven by the owner... even if they didn't build the car. Otherwise it simply turns into a who has the biggest wallet contest once again.

Racing/Contests is about bending the rules to the limit... it is also about enforcing them which the SCC Event staff was very loose about doing.

Head on over to the torquecentral forums if you want to talk to them. They might be able to help if things go through.
© #1 e-thug™ ®

#953484 - 01/22/07 09:28 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: I am Jack's VR6]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Appreciate the info, Ian, and I have already gotten feedback from both of them (theyre on norcal-ls1 as am I). But none of that bothers me. If I get in and the competition is totally fucked up, so be it.

But none of what youve posted is new to me. I may have a few tricks up my own sleeve. ;\)

And I doubt they will ever let the car into the GRM competition.

#953492 - 01/22/07 09:30 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
I am Jack's VR6 Offline
Sr Member

You seem pretty set on your goal, so good luck!
© #1 e-thug™ ®

#953504 - 01/22/07 09:33 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
CrazeD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Diego, CA
I'd enter a stock C6 Z06 in the USCC \:\)

2020 BMW ///M550i
2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

#958280 - 01/23/07 10:35 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: CrazeD]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Stock C6Z06 on stock tires would get owned something terrible.
#958450 - 01/23/07 11:10 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: Professor Paki]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last I checked there was more to this competition, no matter how lopsided it is, than racing Lamborghinis on the highway. I think a C6 Z06 would have more than an outside chance at winning if the driver was semi-competent.

More power to you, though.

#958533 - 01/23/07 11:29 PM Re: New numbers..... [Re: ]
Duolingo Expert
Post Master Supreme

Im offended.

A single turbo supra on race gas and drag radials this car is NOT.

And dont assume that its a stock Z06 with just a huge poweradder. The brakes, suspension, everything is far from stock and I dont mean a collection of parts slapped in there with no thought to how it would work in cohesion.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads