Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6129988 - 02/11/12 05:57 PM Went and drove some cars today
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
OK, nothing mind blowing here, just thinking of replacing the Miata. First up was a 330 ZHP which is a great looking car, plenty quick for me, but this example was a cosmetic disaster. In the end, since I don't really NEED utility (I have a '11 Fusion for work with free gas) there's no reason to consider a four seater. Also drove a '12 Miata, plenty good but the feel is pretty reminiscent of most Miatae and they're $25K which is kinda nutty IMO. Lastly, on a lark I went and saw an '04 Miata with 17K miles. It was fucking MINT. Nearly flawless, showroom condition. Great color combo (silver with dark blue leather/top), drives as good as it looks. I'm very tempted, but that cherry condition comes with a price: $13K. That's a shitload for a Miata, but this is about as good as you're going to get unless I invent time travel. Almost everything that's better in this price range (RX8, for example) is going to be in worse shape than this thing. I love Miatas and this would be a tremendous starting point for a car I could see myself owning forever. Would you guys overpay for a near-perfect example of an older car?
Videos
#6129999 - 02/11/12 06:02 PM Re: Went and drove some cars today [Re: tylerdurden]
Serendipitous Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Northern California
Want to buy my RX-8? '07 Touring in the best/possibly most rare color they come in (Phantom Blue Mica), 6 speed (I am a man), 33,000 miles. I'll let it go at a good price for a CSier.

#6130038 - 02/11/12 06:29 PM Re: Went and drove some cars today [Re: ]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
 Originally Posted By: doshoru
If it's going to save you in "stage 0", sure, why not. How do the tires, brakes, rubber hoses, timing belt/chain, etc. look?

edit: And paint is something that's expensive to fix.

That's exactly where I'm at with the current car. Never was a fan of the color combo and it was chipped pretty well when I bought it, new paint's fucking expensive and this one wouldn't need it. All the mechanicals of the '04 looked solid.

#6130876 - 02/12/12 02:08 AM Re: Went and drove some cars today [Re: tylerdurden]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Find a Mazdaspeed.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads