Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9070424 - 06/30/17 07:27 PM Fuuuuuuuuuuuu
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Scarborough to Port hope, 3 hours of stop and go traffic. Left at 3pm, it is now 8:30 and not even at kingston yet.

#9070428 - 06/30/17 07:35 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
long weekend friday. prepare your anus.

#9070486 - 06/30/17 09:12 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Shiiiiitttttt

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9070521 - 06/30/17 10:16 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Hatorade]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Going towards Ottawa, Canada Day 150 weekend.

These are bad ideas.

#9070525 - 06/30/17 10:36 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Scarb to ottawa, 9 hour drive...2 accidents down to one lane.
#9070589 - 07/01/17 06:51 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Big Tasty]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Not the same thing, but I was heading up to muskoka last night. Parents are retired and left before noon, took 4 hours. I didn't want to sit in that crap so decided to leave at 745 and took 2.5 hours. Just can't catch a break anymore leaving early as everyone dies the sane
#9070612 - 07/01/17 08:21 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: loudsubz]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
There's no place like home on a long weekend.

Fuck long weekend traffic and crowds everywhere.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9070619 - 07/01/17 08:44 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: loudsubz]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz
Not the same thing, but I was heading up to muskoka last night. Parents are retired and left before noon, took 4 hours. I didn't want to sit in that crap so decided to leave at 745 and took 2.5 hours. Just can't catch a break anymore leaving early as everyone dies the sane

The 400 was so fucked up yesterday

#9070638 - 07/01/17 09:33 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: LNXGUY]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
1hr drive home from Missisauga to Woodbridge around 3pm yesterday.
Did I see you Titty on Woodbridge Ave?

#9070649 - 07/01/17 09:53 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

This is why I don't understand this cottage shit. Battle in traffic on the way there and back. Fuck that. If you could go up during the week I guess it's ok, but not everyone can.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9070651 - 07/01/17 09:58 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Do you people not learn?

You either leave Thursday or Saturday, who the fuck has the time to sit on a 400 series highway on a Friday long weekend.

#9070652 - 07/01/17 09:59 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: hyper-s2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
There's no place like home on a long weekend.

Fuck long weekend traffic and crowds everywhere.

Preach

#9070654 - 07/01/17 10:02 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
This is why I don't understand this cottage shit. Battle in traffic on the way there and back. Fuck that. If you could go up during the week I guess it's ok, but not everyone can.

The cottage model is perfect, but remember it originated with .gov employees and city workers. When you work 15hrs a week and can leave whenever you want because of shift work or whatever, it's super flexible and it works. That's why all the legacy cottagers or real ballers love it, works well when you setup your life to accommodate the type of lifestyle.

For any desk jockey with a non shift job and little flexibility, gnsp.

#9070659 - 07/01/17 10:25 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya, didn't want to leave on Saturday and then do the celebrations same day. Hate the long weekend drive though, idiots following so close then slamming on the brakes when traffic goes from 140 to 0.
#9070663 - 07/01/17 10:39 AM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Big Tasty]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

I understand it's not for everyone, but for someone who has done it the 20 years I can tell you the couple of weekends that are a little worse than others are simply a drop in the bucket for the majority that are smooth sailing. You don't have to leave early (or sometimes don't want to based on your situation, kids etc) so if you plan accordingly you generally don't have any issues with traffic.

I rather sit through a little traffic (if there is any) that sit at home in a noisy city, air pollution etc to enjoy nature, peace and quiet and clean air for miles a couple of days of the week.

Trust me I would move up north in a heartbeat if the wife said ok.

City life definitely not found anywhere in my body.

#9070694 - 07/01/17 12:08 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

The cottage model is perfect, but remember it originated with .gov employees and city workers. When you work 15hrs a week and can leave whenever you want because of shift work or whatever, it's super flexible and it works. That's why all the legacy cottagers or real ballers love it, works well when you setup your life to accommodate the type of lifestyle.

Totally. Too bad something like this will never work for us since the wifey is on a non-shift type work and would require going to the cottage at peak times.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9070700 - 07/01/17 12:44 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I understand it's not for everyone, but for someone who has done it the 20 years I can tell you the couple of weekends that are a little worse than others are simply a drop in the bucket for the majority that are smooth sailing. You don't have to leave early (or sometimes don't want to based on your situation, kids etc) so if you plan accordingly you generally don't have any issues with traffic.

I rather sit through a little traffic (if there is any) that sit at home in a noisy city, air pollution etc to enjoy nature, peace and quiet and clean air for miles a couple of days of the week.

This isn't so much about cottage life vs. no cottage life at least that's not my perspective in this thread since i like both.

With that said back to my original point "cottaging" is really for those who have the free time to actually enjoy it, that means not travelling in peak times, being on your lake during off peak days when not every fuckhead is on it, etc.

I'd love to buy a cottage, but i don't have the free time available to make it work the way i'd want (spend at least 2-3 full months up there). I would end up like every other moron idling on the highway trying to get to this "enclave" 6-8 times a year if lucky...not my idea of fun.

#9070721 - 07/01/17 02:03 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Hatorade]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Totally. Too bad something like this will never work for us since the wifey is on a non-shift type work and would require going to the cottage at peak times.

I get it, you're not the cottage type which is perfectly fine, it's not for everyone. Just don't use the excuse because you have a 9-5 and would be in peak traffic. Everyone else going north makes it work. I do a 8 to 430 and still do it. Why because I love it and want to make it work.

#9070724 - 07/01/17 02:07 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

This isn't so much about cottage life vs. no cottage life at least that's not my perspective in this thread since i like both.

With that said back to my original point "cottaging" is really for those who have the free time to actually enjoy it, that means not travelling in peak times, being on your lake during off peak days when not every fuckhead is on it, etc.

I'd love to buy a cottage, but i don't have the free time available to make it work the way i'd want (spend at least 2-3 full months up there). I would end up like every other moron idling on the highway trying to get to this "enclave" 6-8 times a year if lucky...not my idea of fun.

That's totally acceptable, you like the solitude and quiet aspect more. For me it's about being up there, enjoying nature and the water. I take fridays off and make it a 3 day most weekends in the summer, also take a solid week. Even a busy day on the water isn't a big deal, the lake is big enough you don't even notice the boaters

#9070800 - 07/01/17 06:35 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: loudsubz]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Risky nailed it. Buddy works at opg, every goddamn fuck has a cottage, works 4x10s, has bank hours to be off for like 2 months straight In the summer , plus another 3 weeks for other shit.

Cottage life = GUV EMPLOYEES

#9070836 - 07/01/17 08:35 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
Risky nailed it. Buddy works at opg, every goddamn fuck has a cottage, works 4x10s, has bank hours to be off for like 2 months straight In the summer , plus another 3 weeks for other shit.

Cottage life = GUV EMPLOYEES

Textbook example of a "legacy" cottager. You go to any place, this is like 60% of the them, or cottages passed down from families, etc. Makes sense for them, they have the time, etc.

Everyone else doe, "hey, we are going to 'the cottage' "

It will be fun they said:

#9070868 - 07/01/17 10:39 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Yep, most of them have these cottages passed through generation. Not all, but majority
#9071856 - 07/04/17 02:34 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
1hr drive home from Missisauga to Woodbridge around 3pm yesterday.
Did I see you Titty on Woodbridge Ave?

umm don't think so, i was downtown most of the day.

#9071864 - 07/04/17 02:58 PM Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuu [Re: titty sprinkles]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

left 530 on Monday, got home at 815.

Best time without any traffic is 2 hr, 30 mins.

Ran into a few slow downs along the way but nothing that the complainers in here experience :p

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads