Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8834663 - 10/30/16 10:39 AM Are people really this stupid?
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
So here's my rant for the day....
I post some snow tires on kijiji, put pics and obviously my location.
Price is $380 for 95% new Saliun 15" snows on zero rust steel wheels.

guy: can you send me more pics
me : sure
me : go outside, move shit around, take additional requested pics
me : turns on computer, emails to guy
guy: can you do $300 and meet me in Cambridge, i'm from strathroy....
me :
me : no thats way too far and way too low, best I can do is meet you past milton for $360
guy: sorry i'll have to pass

WTF? you knew I was in Toronto and you know it was way too far for so why the fuck would you even bother emailing me? I just don't get it. I absolutely hate selling shit, its just not worth the effort.

#8834679 - 10/30/16 11:01 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Raocorp]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Well, he liked the product after seeing the additional pics.
Then offered what he could do.

If you are that pissed for taking a couple more photos, get off Kijiji.

This brown guy came in his taxi to meet me for my phone.
The price was already agreed via text, and he gave me $20 less when we met.
He claimed that it was his wife that was texting me and he wanted to pay less than that. I was pissed and walked away. Then just decided to give for $10 less and got out of the car. He agrees and still gave me $20 less.
I shook my head and kept my phone and handed back his money.
Then he gave me $10 more.

The TV I sold after that, was too easy.
The guy gave me 100% of what I asked for on Kijiji and picked it up next day.

#8834694 - 10/30/16 11:38 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: porschetr]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Kijiji = scum, and I mean that in the best way
#8834791 - 10/30/16 02:09 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: porschetr]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: porschetr

This brownie came in his taxi to meet me for my phone.
The price was already agreed via text, and he gave me $20 less when we met.
He claimed that it was his wife that was texting me and he wanted to pay less than that. I was pissed and walked away. Then just decided to give for $10 less and got out of the car. He agrees and still gave me $20 less.
I shook my head and kept my phone and handed back his money.
Then he gave me $10 more.

People like this need to die. I would have told him to go fuck himself and walked away.

#8834796 - 10/30/16 02:15 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: robbbby]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: robbbby
People like this need to die. I would have told him to go fuck himself and walked away.

#8834935 - 10/30/16 06:34 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
And then I would have curb stomped him
#8835246 - 10/30/16 10:34 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: robbbby]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup had some guy claim he was from Burlington and wanted to meet at sherway to buy my carseat. Besides the fact that I have no time to drive to the other side of the city, I had a feeling he would lowball me after the fact.
#8835369 - 10/31/16 07:29 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

deets on car seat?
#8835371 - 10/31/16 07:32 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Also OP's story isn't anything to be outraged about. People take this shit way too personally (guilty as charged in the past)

Yea it's a waste of time, kijiji has gone downhill big time over the past 5 years when it became mainstream and every "brown/Chinese grandpa" that's a master negotiator found out about it. Master negotiators lol

When people haggle me for $10 bucks or whatever I can't help but feel sorry for them/their existence. My kijiji strategy is pretty simple, post shit cheap, get rid of it almost same day and be done. I am not going to sit around answering emails from said grandpas and get into banter with dirt peeps about where they want to meet, why + irrelevant life stories. Do not care, sell item, gone.

Example, winter tires listed for 400 by everyone, real price they sell at will be $300? Fuck it, post them for $250, people come and buy within 24 hours, no haggling, and the ad is down immediately.

#8835389 - 10/31/16 07:57 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
deets on car seat?

This one. https://ca.diono.com/product/radianr100/

#8835405 - 10/31/16 08:20 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Big Tasty]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I rarely ever have a problem with Kijiji. Although there aren't many old Chinese negotiators up here \:\)

#8835436 - 10/31/16 08:48 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: LNXGUY]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Agree with Risky for the most part.

Yesterday I went to buy a laptop off someone on Kijiji (srs risky bzns). Guy was asking 300, was a decent price, not the best price ever, but reasonable. I didn't even bring up the price with him, just gave him 300 after looking at it.

Today he texts me and says he thinks he put the wrong DVD drive in and that he has the proper one to give me if I want.

Do you think he would have been so forthcoming if I had nickel and dimed him for 20 or 30 bucks?

If people's pricing is out to lunch you offer what you think is fair, but if the price is reasonable then it's just not worth the hassle.

Problem is most people just *have* to think they're getting a better deal than anyone else.

#8835439 - 10/31/16 08:50 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: LNXGUY]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Kijiji has been good to me. I post my price, and tell the low ballers my LOWEST price and tell them to meet at locations that is convenient to me so if they don't show, I just waste 10 minutes of my life.
#8835484 - 10/31/16 09:41 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
you shit your pants because you put 87 in your mini....so let he be without sin cast the first stone...
#8835558 - 10/31/16 10:37 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
lol agree for the most part on kijiji scum. I just like reading the replies when I call them out on some stuff and they reply back all butt hurt. Some guy offered me $800 less when I was selling my motorcycle, and I replied back to the tune of "if you can't afford it maybe you need to be looking at a different style of bike" and he replied back saying "it's no harley lol"

On a feel good note I bought a fridge on the weekend. I asked the guy a bunch of question and he replied with all of them and even gave me more pictures as requested and in his reply he put the lowest price he would take. I arrived, fridge was exactly like he said, I gave him his money and off I went, no BS.

Get the fridge home and I forgot to measure the height of it and now I have to modify my uppers to fit lol, always opening a can of worms.

#8835561 - 10/31/16 10:38 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie_82
 Originally Posted By: robbbby

You've got some competition now \:\)

#8835623 - 10/31/16 11:02 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I recently had to buy a basement fridge. Wasn't going to kijiji route because who wants to have someone else's old shit.

ANyway, checked out the sears outlet and a few other places, all wanted $600 for a basic no frills fridge.

Off to kijiji, lots of shit on there, some people don't even clean them :barf:

Find one that looks decent in a sketchy area...was reluctant at first, but was on my way downtown and I figured I'd pick it up on my way. Guy said his address so and so, unit xxx. I thought ok, some condo, np. Show up to Caledonia and Lawrence, some rough looking ghetto ass apartment building, dindus chilling outside and this guy told me I need to help him bring it down.

epiphany inbound, why the fuck am I here and willing to buy a shitty fridge and carry it down on top of it all. Pass, I didn't even bother stopping at this place and just kept going.

Found one for $200, was a 2 year old office fridge and they were remodelling. Showed up, guy was super nice, everything was clean and I was off!

It's a hit or a miss.

Also, if you get their names and it's Faraz'ish or they are in Brampton or whatever, not interested. Have had good luck with such screening

#8835662 - 10/31/16 11:25 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I recently had to buy a basement fridge. Wasn't going to kijiji route because who wants to have someone else's old shit.

ANyway, checked out the sears outlet and a few other places, all wanted $600 for a basic no frills fridge.

Off to kijiji, lots of shit on there, some people don't even clean them :barf:

Find one that looks decent in a sketchy area...was reluctant at first, but was on my way downtown and I figured I'd pick it up on my way. Guy said his address so and so, unit xxx. I thought ok, some condo, np. Show up to Caledonia and Lawrence, some rough looking ghetto ass apartment building, dindus chilling outside and this guy told me I need to help him bring it down.

epiphany inbound, why the fuck am I here and willing to buy a shitty fridge and carry it down on top of it all. Pass, I didn't even bother stopping at this place and just kept going.

Found one for $200, was a 2 year old office fridge and they were remodelling. Showed up, guy was super nice, everything was clean and I was off!

It's a hit or a miss.

Also, if you get their names and it's Faraz'ish or they are in Brampton or whatever, not interested. Have had good luck with such screening

lol how do you find these places \:\)

the guy selling my fridge was the same. There was a bit of mold starting to grow in various spots in the freezer since he didn't keep the doors open when storing it and he was super apologetic and even started yelling at his wife for not cleaning it before I got there so he did it on site.

#8835680 - 10/31/16 11:36 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: loudsubz]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,

#8835716 - 10/31/16 12:06 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: LNXGUY]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I think Kijiji is a hit or miss depending on location of product and the actual product.

I've found some gems, high end products located at some ritzy areas for 60% off the cost cause some rich peoples wanted a different color..etc..

#8835738 - 10/31/16 12:18 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've had some epic wins on it buying/selling, generally happens when I am not actively looking for anything.

I had the CEO of Lincoln Electric come into my house and give me $2k cash for a dining room table 8 hours within posting it.

My buddy scored a crazy kitchen from that Dina Pugliese chick from CityTV, the cabinets were just shy of 60k, sold them for like 10k cash.

Many decent wins for sure, just gotta pre screen the buyer or seller and decide if it's worth wasting your time.

#8835795 - 10/31/16 12:59 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Risky Business]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
someone change Risky's title to "King of Kijii"

#8835891 - 10/31/16 01:47 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: iamfob]
The Postman Online   willy_nilly
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

I hate the people that post shit for sale in multiple regions.

Find item listed on Hamilton kijiji, like item, agree on price, find out its actually located in Ottawa lol.

#8835896 - 10/31/16 01:50 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: The Postman]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
^ Agreed!
#8835937 - 10/31/16 02:21 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: The Postman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
I hate the people that post shit for sale in multiple regions.

Find item listed on Hamilton kijiji, like item, agree on price, find out its actually located in Ottawa lol.

yet when you ask them where they are located they always come back with a sarcastic comment like "read the description!!!!"

then WTF you posting it somewhere else \:\)

#8835973 - 10/31/16 02:38 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
selling this old fish tank has become such a pain in my ass i'm about to take a bat to it just to make me feelz better.

it's a custom tank, and it's worth about $800-$1000. lots of "hey hold it for me i'll take it 100% for sure" and then no show. this last person was a gem tho, shows up "oh...i didn't realize the tank was that big" me:"i posted the dimentions in the add..."

i even dropped the price to $250 and people are still nit picking at it when they come to see it, what, you're going to get a mint ass brand new tank for that price? check yoself.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/31/16 02:39 PM)

#8838876 - 11/02/16 09:46 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just had a good sale. Few emails back and forth, came by and bought the seat for asking price. No haggling or million questions. If only it was that easy all the time.
#8839707 - 11/03/16 01:40 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Big Tasty]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Just had a good sale. Few emails back and forth, came by and bought the seat for asking price. No haggling or million questions. If only it was that easy all the time.

Go buy a lottery ticket, because that is so rare!

#8839772 - 11/03/16 02:08 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: iamfob]
The Postman Online   willy_nilly
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Acura trunk tray, $150 plus tax new.

Guy offered me $50 delivered to Markham lmao.

#8841099 - 11/04/16 02:45 PM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: The Postman]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I always put pickup only. No way I'm driving more than 2 mins from my house for a potential flake
#8842709 - 11/07/16 08:56 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: BroKe]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Low_Budget_Honda
I always put pickup only. No way I'm driving more than 2 mins from my house for a potential flake

Word up to that.

#8842712 - 11/07/16 08:58 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
I always only meet by my place when I sell shit, fuck potential flakes.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8842713 - 11/07/16 08:59 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
I always only meet by my place when I sell shit, fuck potential flakes.

I meet at the closest gas station. I don't want random mofos knowing where I live.

#8842717 - 11/07/16 09:02 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I used to meet at my house if they passed my pre screening until one dude came and then asked to use the washroom (came from Woodstock to buy a Yakima roof rack). THat was so awkward and he had that sketchy look, I walked him to the bathroom with a kitchen knife behind my back and made him walk first so that my back wasn't exposed to him. I think he might've been more scared at that point tho.

After that, no more house meets.

#8842742 - 11/07/16 09:36 AM Re: Are people really this stupid? [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Depending on the item I'm buying I sometimes prefer to meet at their house. That way I know where THEY live should I need to reach out to them following the transaction.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads