Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8460239 - 12/01/15 05:25 PM Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old
azn_outlaw Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Etobicoke, Ontario
So I have a question that really I dont know too much about.

I am trying to get auto insurance for my 2000 Lexus GS400, i got a good rate from Hub International

but they require both a scan of my ownership and the next part is a vehicle inspection by a company that what the agent told me is bullseye, so I got to get the car inspected by this company and they well be the one who can either clear or not clear my car to insured, which also means can effect the quote which can only me it can go higher..

has any one every had to do an inspection on a car that is 15 years old? What is involved?

do I have to go through what they recommend me or can I do it myself?

#8460354 - 12/01/15 06:58 PM Re: Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old [Re: azn_outlaw]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
These are questions you should be asking them.

#8460915 - 12/02/15 10:20 AM Re: Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old [Re: phoenixrage]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
The inspection is probably to determine value.
It may be an appraisal. Depending on the appraised #, your insurance rate will vary accordingly.
Same thing they do with classic cars, though not sure this qualifies \:D

XD XD XD XD

#8460974 - 12/02/15 10:56 AM Re: Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old [Re: 4age]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
When my insurance was renewed, the insurance company gave me a phone number to have my car inspect by the inspector at the Canadian Tire windshield repair kiosk. The inspection took like 5 minutes, the dude snapped pictures of my car (front, side, back and mileage on cluster)

#8461137 - 12/02/15 12:37 PM Re: Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old [Re: iamfob]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
The inspection is just to prevent fraud. They want to make sure you are insuring an actual vehicle that matches the VIN and not something thats already scrapped.
#8461200 - 12/02/15 01:29 PM Re: Question about Auto Insurance - Vehicle is 15 years old [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i had to do that with the R (it's 1998 but i do not think it was 15 as yet when i had it done? cant recall).

anyway TDMM ins gave me the closest location to me at the time, i went...it was a rustcheck/emissions shop of some sort in markham. dude came out with a checklist, walked around my car for 20 sec's, looked inside my car, popped the hood/trunk and said "yeah it's fine". we walked in, we both signed the form and that was it lol. didn't have to pay anything.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (12/02/15 01:30 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads