Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7709212 - 05/28/14 07:05 AM Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

So that CBC doc that came out a while back with people selling their units there for less than what they owed on their mortgages was the first step. The renter vs. owner ratio that's growing was the second step and now some guns and gangs raids...

wat.gif The next Jamestown in the making

Quote:
More than two hours after the raids started, undercover officers dressed in basketball jerseys and baseball hats were spotted carrying bins of computer towers out of 125 Western Battery Rd. in Liberty Village, site of one of the raids

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/0...ity_report.html

Now all the yuppies will move to Roncesvalles and more riff raff will go into LV. Dat cycle

#7709233 - 05/28/14 07:38 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
it's not that easy to move into Ronci, LV is where the 905 lives when they first move into the city
#7709241 - 05/28/14 07:47 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Quote:
Alleged members of the Asian Assassinz are among those targeted. The gang was linked to the 2013 Yorkdale shooting.

Shows black guy getting arrested....

#7709243 - 05/28/14 07:50 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Linky?

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
So that CBC doc that came out a while back with people selling their units there for less than what they owed on their mortgages was the first step.

#7709290 - 05/28/14 08:38 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Troll
 Quote:
Alleged members of the Asian Assassinz are among those targeted. The gang was linked to the 2013 Yorkdale shooting.

and? just a normal day

#7709299 - 05/28/14 08:44 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Troll
 Quote:

and? just a normal day

probably....

#7709514 - 05/28/14 10:23 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
It's in that one condo beside the grocery store that still isn't fully sold - right at the end when liberty had slowed down from its huge boom.

#7710210 - 05/28/14 04:13 PM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: JEFFOS]
SharpSpoon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I personally hate the area. Could never see myself living there.
#7711067 - 05/29/14 07:26 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: SharpSpoon]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Canada
A friend of mine lives there and used to like it. Heck, I used to like it. He's owned his loft for over 10 years now.

He finds that when he's walking around, people are always running stop signs and almost running him over, it takes 45 minutes just to leave the area if he's driving, etc.

He's selling. Only good thing is that his architecture firm is within walking distance.

#7711074 - 05/29/14 07:32 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: spnx]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
when moving to the city we were looking into LV as my wife would have been able to walk to work.

happy we decided against it. it felt real douchey at the time. now it just feels too congested.

#7711087 - 05/29/14 07:44 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Canada
It is both douchey and congested. Shit, shit, shit. Stay away.

It used to be cool. I used to work there in the early 90s too. Before it was cool ;\)

Seriously, it was all carpet factories from the 1900s etc., being turned into lofts and stuff.

Tucked away in there was a cool litte office block which contained my workplace, a tax write-off for one of the partners of Ernst and Young. Good gig for paying the bills while I was in university.

#7711219 - 05/29/14 09:18 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: spnx]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
when I lived there in 2006, it was nice and quiet and even a little sparse. my roommate and I always said, "once the other building is done, this area is going to be wicked", but all of a sudden buildings were popping up like wild fungus and it got too congested too fast, I'm glad we moved out when we did and I didn't end up buying in the area/building.
#7711259 - 05/29/14 09:39 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

^did it right. If I ever had to live dt it would be identical to your setup now location and condo type wise. I'd probably only consider king west and Bathurst would be as far west as I would go.
#7714609 - 05/31/14 09:39 PM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: JEFFOS]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS69
It's in that one condo beside the grocery store that still isn't fully sold - right at the end when liberty had slowed down from its huge boom.

any chance you know the name of that condo? Too lazy too Google it \:\)

TIA

#7714732 - 06/01/14 12:03 AM Re: Liberty Village Ghetto Progress: Full speed ahead [Re: iamfob]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
No idea man

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads