Back in October, actually it was the last trip to Newport for the final cruise in @ the Jug. On the way up I noticed a slight sound coming from my tranny. Explained it to a few different people, they said it was prolly a pilot bearing or a throwout bearing. I didn't think it was the case as they were both brand new with my new clutch. I thought maybe it was a bearing inside the tranny...as they all weren't replaced when I did the lsd.

Anyway...drove it up and back, and that evening went into town. By the time I hit Vienna the sound had worsened so I came home and parked it. A few weeks later, I got around to pulling the tranny and there the tranny has sat until last night.

Pulled it apart and look what I found..

What you are looking @ is the end of the counter shaft. The bottom of the shaft that has the teeth sheared off is the gear that directly contacts the final drive and differential.

A side view of the entire countershaft.

Top View

Couple more different angles

Here are 2 of the 3 missing teeth. I am gonna assume that the 3rd one went out w/the fluid. Those 2 were stuck to the tranny magnet on the casing.

Upon further inspection everything looks good. I got lucky that nothing else was seriously damaged.

I plan to replace the shaft, restack the gears and put it back together, good as new. I just need a b16a counter shaft...anyone know where I can get one?