Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#214343 - 03/22/06 09:55 PM very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
the g3neral Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: NY
ive always been a die hard Si fan.. BUT... ive come across the srt4 and my friend said he can get me a discount on it.... sooo.. im thinking now...the srt4 is unquestionablly better in performace(230hp) .. has a great exaust etc... lets put the biased aside and really see which car is the better buy... im really confused just on what to get right now... thnx guys!`~
Videos
#214344 - 03/22/06 09:56 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Jacksonville, FL.
it's a neon, nuff said

Sean aka HarryPotterSi - Courtesy of OSM

#214345 - 03/22/06 10:09 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
diskord Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Queens NY
please dont put one of those ugly lookin things on the street!! BUY AN SI!!!!!

#214346 - 03/22/06 10:12 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
ICE99SI Offline
Jr Member

Loc: nj
Quote:

ive always been a die hard Si fan.. BUT... ive come across the srt4 and my friend said he can get me a discount on it.... sooo.. im thinking now...the srt4 is unquestionablly better in performace(230hp) .. has a great exaust etc... lets put the biased aside and really see which car is the better buy... im really confused just on what to get right now... thnx guys!`~

I would'nt go so far as to say it's (better in performance because IT"S NOT) the only thing that shit box has is power. NO handling!!! It's not even on the same page as the si and these are not biased remarks.

NEON

European SI Comercial ;P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjzY7Y9COTA

#214347 - 03/22/06 10:16 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
sugar shane Offline
Poster

Loc: Michigan
SRT4 is a better engine. Si is a better car.
#214348 - 03/22/06 10:39 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Hazeburner Offline
Jr Poster

Dodge American Neon
#214349 - 03/22/06 11:25 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Duncandog Offline

Loc: Delaware , Sussex
Quote:

Absolutely with out a doubt ," YOU " should test drive both cars.
You need some hands on time with each car . Take the time
to test both.
BTW after I test drove an Srt-4 the same day i had tested a Mazda 6 ,
i decided to keep looking .
Anyhow good luck , and happy hunting !

#214350 - 03/23/06 12:07 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Affect Offline
Jr Poster

If you even question the purchase, I think you should get the SRT4. It sounds like you don't appreciate the SI enough. For the wise, it shouldn't even be a question.
#214351 - 03/23/06 01:27 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Auricom Offline

Loc: United States, AL
SI has looks, resale and the big reason...RELIABILITY. There is ZERO comparison as to which engine will have more problems and has a MUCH higher probability of blowing something. I'd go civic..and I'm fully aware of the straightline speed difference.

srt has a more powerful engine..def not a better one IMO.

Edited by Auricom (03/23/06 01:28 AM)
06 Habanero Si #3780

#214352 - 03/23/06 06:02 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Jersey Joe Offline
Jr Member

Loc: take a guess
I was going to buy an SRT4 with an extended warranty. Im still glad i bought my civic tho because at the ened of the day, the SRT is going to take a big hit in resale value and who knows how long the car would last beyond that warranty.
#214353 - 03/23/06 07:08 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
ocampo5150 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Northern Virginia
Two of my friends when I lived in S.C had SRT's, and let me be the first to say that those things are fucking fast! They're very, very easy and cheap to mod. Come on, all you really need to do is turn up the boost add a couple things here and there and it'll fly. But, Jersey Joe said, at the end of the day, the SRT is going to take a big hit in value. Now, unless the "discount" that your friend can get you is like ten grand off invoice price (or something crazy like that) I wouldn't bother looking at the Dodge. Is it new or used? If it's new, then damn they must be having a hard time selling that piece. They stopped making them like last year or something. That's a sign of their value right there.

Remember the Civic Si is the way to go. There's probably a good reason you became a member at this forum, remember?

Oh yeah, the SRT is a Dodge...Al Bundy drove a Dodge.

#214354 - 03/23/06 07:08 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
SonicK20Z Offline
Poster

Loc: KY
I test drove both... my girlfriend hated both cars when I first started looking at them (SRT4 and Si), so that meant I could test drive them both and piss her off equally. ha!

the SRT4 is all straightline performance, IMO. didn't really find it all that comfortable, and I just didn't enjoy driving it anywhere but in a straight line. when going straight it was great, powerful car! but I couldn't imagine driving it 24/7 around town, etc. the Si is the opposite... a little disappointing straightline, but it makes it up in other areas and is without a doubt the better car for the every day driver. more comfy, plenty of features, handles extremely well... you'll just need to add quite a bit of power to get the Si to match the SRT4 1/4 times....

#214355 - 03/23/06 07:31 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Québec City, Qc
How can you guys throw in that the new Si is more reliable than the SRT if it's only been out for a couple months? Just because all Hondas are reliable? The Spec-V was supposed to be super reliable when it came out and it turned out to be a nightmare.

I find it very funny that Honda fanbois' only argument for not buying the SRT is that "omg lol Neon crap".

I destroy Civics all the time in mine. And yet, some people will keep on saying "yea but it's just a Neon".

There's a ~450 whp SRT on stock internals here in Mass. It has been modified from day 1 and now has 70,000 miles on it and about 300 drag passes. It's a high 11 second car. No reliablity problem.

Anyway, I bought mine with a huge rebate also. It was about the same price as a Scion tC with a bodykit lol.

You guys go ahead and pay 23 grand for your Si's. No doubt it's a great car. But to say that the SRT doesn't handle? Or that it's a piece of shit? ...

#214356 - 03/23/06 07:34 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Type X Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Central New Jersey
SRT4 is a good car
yes its a neon but depends on what your looking for

the real push for that car is the price and boost.... HOWEVER

keep in mind that the model is now extinct... dead, gone, not coming back
yes i am a honda fan and pretty much all i've owned but
the srt isn't bad for the $$

your better off getting that down the line when they have some miles and years under their belt
rather than take the
discontinued sports car depreciation, and right now... american cars aren't the best things to buy

check edmunds.

again....

not bashing the car ITSELF but everything that comes up with it $ wise
My Grandmother told me that there was a passage in the bible that says, "It is better to spill your seed in the belly of a whore, than to spill it on the ground." So, I tried both. And the bible's right! It's way better. That's one of the reasons they call it the good book.”

#214357 - 03/23/06 07:47 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
PhatFocusZX3 Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I just traded in my 03 SRT for an 06 Si on Monday. Both were great cars, I mean you can't beat the SRT for easy modding and making HUGE power, but it is still a neon inside. Now I have the Si with Navi and the inside and looks are awesome, but it is not nearly as fast. It is what you are looking for.

#214358 - 03/23/06 08:12 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
SiliconX Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Calgary, AB
I don't care how many go-fast goodies Dodge puts in them, Neons are fucking ugly.

#214359 - 03/23/06 09:33 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
CTk20z Offline
Sr Member

Loc: West Chester, PA
well... if i had to choose between the two, i would only go with the SRT4 if i could get it for significatly less than the Si. (meaning like 5 g's less than the Si or more) with that 5gs saved, i'd invest it in making the SRT's suspension as good as it can get. just me though

#214360 - 03/23/06 09:43 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

SRTs actually don't depreciate as nearly as you'd think.
When I crashed mine, it had depreciated only by $2,000 from MSRP after 7 months and 19,000 miles.

#214361 - 03/23/06 09:49 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Type X Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

SRTs actually don't depreciate as nearly as you'd think.
When I crashed mine, it had depreciated only by $2,000 from MSRP after 7 months and 19,000 miles.

but at the time u crashed and were in the market the caliber still wasn't released

i'm talking a year or 2 from now
My Grandmother told me that there was a passage in the bible that says, "It is better to spill your seed in the belly of a whore, than to spill it on the ground." So, I tried both. And the bible's right! It's way better. That's one of the reasons they call it the good book.”

#214362 - 03/23/06 10:11 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
SinFL Offline
Post Master

g3neral, it is all about what you are looking for. As someone who has owned (a Daytona 2.2 turbo) and worked on (several Neons) Dodge products, I would take Honda over them any day. But that's me; a decision based on personal experience. What are you looking for? Speed? Power? Reliability? Comfort? Another helpful tool might be to spring for the couple of bucks it takes to register with consumerreports.org; they have great tools for assisting with car purchases.

One last thing to keep in mind: Honda Civic (all four models) and the Honda Ridgeline won Motor Trend's car and truck of the year, respectively. Dodge had no winners at all. Stuff like that really helps resale value (if that is a concern for you).

#214363 - 03/23/06 12:48 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Finally Got it Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: So Cal...Palm Springs Area
i wanted an SRT-4 too and i even test drove it...Bottom line tho (and everyone is right) is that Dodge is crap. All there is that's good about that car is the engine and the sound of it, the rest sucks. The interior looks like it should be in a different, older car and isn't really that great. SI is a way better car and will last way longer than a stupid Dogde. Just slap a turbo on the K20 and run with that
Falken RT-615's
Fujita intake
Skunk2 CatBack

#214364 - 03/23/06 01:44 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
the g3neral Offline
Jr Poster

yea thanks guys for everything... after your feedback i feel the Si is right for me... because... i personally am not ALL about performance because i dont want to speed too much... and i like a comfortable car with good handling... but i also like modding cars and resale value doesnt really matter to me and thats where i started leaning towards the dodge.. but hey... like SINFL said... car of the year... damn thats means alot and hopefully in a year or 2 they will come out with many parts for the Si... thanks!!~~ ... GO SI ...=) hahaha
#214365 - 03/23/06 01:48 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
Type X Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

yea thanks guys for everything... after your feedback i feel the Si is right for me... because... i personally am not ALL about performance because i dont want to speed too much... and i like a comfortable car with good handling... but i also like modding cars and resale value doesnt really matter to me and thats where i started leaning towards the dodge.. but hey... like SINFL said... car of the year... damn thats means alot and hopefully in a year or 2 they will come out with many parts for the Si... thanks!!~~ ... GO SI ...=) hahaha

ok now that you have covered pretty much EVERY post on the new si

if you make another stupid inquiry BEFORE you get the car

your banned

GO...

#214366 - 03/23/06 04:11 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
Quote:

I find it very funny that Honda fanbois' only argument for not buying the SRT is that "omg lol Neon crap".

+1
Last time I checked, a civic is in the same compact class as the neon. Chrylser just made a mistake by naming it "Neon", is all.

#214367 - 03/23/06 05:02 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
CTk20z Offline
Sr Member

Loc: West Chester, PA
Quote:

ok now that you have covered pretty much EVERY post on the new si

if you make another stupid inquiry BEFORE you get the car

your banned

GO...

lol

#214368 - 03/23/06 06:00 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
06redsi Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Houston TX
Its simple, the neon is faster and will respond to mods better from the start with the sacrifice of the quality of the car itself EX" the inside sucks ass, its loud as hell, get poor gas mialge" , the motor is bulletproof though,
The SI is made better, looks better and has better longrun potential. EX " slap a turbo on a k20z3 and you will butt rape 95% of all srt4's all day long.
Hope this helps.

#214369 - 03/23/06 08:08 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Its simple, the neon is faster and will respond to mods better from the start with the sacrifice of the quality of the car itself EX" the inside sucks ass, its loud as hell, get poor gas mialge" , the motor is bulletproof though,
The SI is made better, looks better and has better longrun potential. EX " slap a turbo on a k20z3 and you will butt rape 95% of all srt4's all day long.
Hope this helps.

The inside sucks ass? Wow. It's no digital gauges like the Si, but it still is pretty decent, imo. No worse than a previous generation Mustang GT...
Tell me which car offers better seats at less than $20k?

Loud as hell, because it's got no mufflers. I get 28 mpg with mine. Better longrun potential? That's yet to be proven by far.

Is there a turbo on your super magic JDM machine? Last time I checked, no one bought an Si with a turbo from the dealership.

Oh, you WILL install a turbo and THEN you will kick Neon asses...I see. I'm sorry. Guess you're saving money here

Oh, no, wait...the Si is $3-4k more than the SRT. Guess it's true the Si has more potential in the long run.

Seriously, I don't see any REAL solid argument why the Si is so much better than the SRT, besides fanboy-ism. When you have to rely on interior quality or non-electric rear windows in order to buy a more expensive but least performant car, that's how I call it.

#214370 - 03/23/06 08:55 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
mike reyes Offline

Loc: California
Euro-Style Windshield Wipers.
#214371 - 03/23/06 09:46 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
the g3neral Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Quote:

Hope this helps.

The inside sucks ass? Wow. It's no digital gauges like the Si, but it still is pretty decent, imo. No worse than a previous generation Mustang GT...
Tell me which car offers better seats at less than $20k?

Loud as hell, because it's got no mufflers. I get 28 mpg with mine. Better longrun potential? That's yet to be proven by far.

Is there a turbo on your super magic JDM machine? Last time I checked, no one bought an Si with a turbo from the dealership.

Oh, you WILL install a turbo and THEN you will kick Neon asses...I see. I'm sorry. Guess you're saving money here

Oh, no, wait...the Si is $3-4k more than the SRT. Guess it's true the Si has more potential in the long run.

Seriously, I don't see any REAL solid argument why the Si is so much better than the SRT, besides fanboy-ism. When you have to rely on interior quality or non-electric rear windows in order to buy a more expensive but least performant car, that's how I call it.

owned... lolol

#214372 - 03/23/06 10:23 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
06Siracer Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: South Carolina, Florence, U.S.
Ok keep in mind this comes from someone with seat time in both cars. And also turbo honda's. Buddy of mine has an SRT4 fast as shit stock no doubt. Cheated wastegate blah blah. Car doest handle. Sorry but it doesnt. An Si would own a SRT4 in the turns as would most any DOHC VTEC honda with a LSD. As far as strait line drag raceing. Of course an SRT4 would win its TURBOED from the factory...... If honda made a factory turbo Civic Si it would own the hell out of a SRT4 on lower boost. Point blank ive seen B18B1 ls turboed integra's strait rape SRT4s.... Thats a non vtec engine with boost lol. And if RSX's with hondata and a few bolt ons are in any way an indication of what the new Si'a are going to be capable of. Then with intake/header/exhaust and hondata that makes us just as fast as an SRT factory. WITH NO BOOST! lmao Fact is while I have respect for the car because yes its fast and has potential. When it takes you haveing a turbo to get 230 hp your not really impressing me much. God i cant wait to boost my CRX I will gladly eat any SRT thru my intercooler and crap it thru the exhaust nuff said.....
Project car: '89 CRX fully stripped B18C1 swap. T3/T4 Turbonetics turbo Full Race Manifold sleeved & fully built Block ect... Best time 11.2 Daily driver: '06 Nighthawk Black Pearl Civic Si #0785 '02 Spa Yellow Pearl S2000 = Sold Boosted '00 Civic Si = Sold "I'm so JDM I sleep on the right hand side of the bed" -Chris Huggins-

#214373 - 03/23/06 10:52 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
jellydoughnutt Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

SRT4 is a better engine. Si is a better car.

+1

"hell do you mean it has potential? WHERE you born stupid or something?"-Nooky04

#214374 - 03/24/06 08:03 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

If honda made a factory turbo Civic Si it would own the hell out of a SRT4 on lower boost.

Maybe it would, but it doesn't.

Quote:

Point blank ive seen B18B1 ls turboed integra's strait rape SRT4s.... Thats a non vtec engine with boost lol.

Does Honda make those cars for less than $20k? That's right, it doesn't.

Quote:

And if RSX's with hondata and a few bolt ons are in any way an indication of what the new Si'a are going to be capable of.

Didn't know you could buy Hondata from Acura dealers.

Quote:

Then with intake/header/exhaust and hondata that makes us just as fast as an SRT factory. WITH NO BOOST! lmao

Now you have to mod your more expensive car to be just as fast as another cheaper and stock car. Awesome! That's incredible!

Quote:

Fact is while I have respect for the car because yes its fast and has potential. When it takes you haveing a turbo to get 230 hp your not really impressing me much.

Are we talking hp/L aregument here?
I forgot that's what wins you races in the Honda world.

Quote:

God i cant wait to boost my CRX I will gladly eat any SRT thru my intercooler and crap it thru the exhaust nuff said.....

Again? A future major modification that will beat a car that's stock NOW?

Great, well I guess there really is no point arguing here.

#214375 - 03/24/06 11:05 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
lol @ thread so far.

Good God! For the people that are defending the Si for its performance vs. the srt-4's, it's totally understandable 'cause this is, after all, a Civic Si site. But let's not be ignorant here. Dollar for dollar, mod wise, the srt-4 wins hands down.

To the original poster, weigh out the pros and cons of each vehicle, and pick out which matters to you the most (i.e. srt-4 is definitely a better performer, but has crappy resale value compared to the Si). If you haven't visited the neon srt-4 forums, do so, but do so with a grain of salt.. just like this site and any other Si sites you visit.

Oh, and just to add more fuel to the "buy-the-srt4" campaign, get an '04 and up 'cause they come with an LSD.

#214376 - 03/24/06 11:36 AM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Like I told someone via PM, I'm not at all an Si hater. I love it, I think it's a very cool little car with lots of qualities.

However, I see all cars for what they're worth, and the Si is just much more expensive than the SRT, and delivers less performance.

The moddability argument falls on its face, because a Stage 3 will give in the whereabouts of 380 whp and 400+ wtq to the SRT while keeping the warranty and running you about $3,500 installed.

I'm not bashing anyone who owns an Si again, I like the car. But the reason why I went with the SRT is that it's cheaper and faster.

#214377 - 03/24/06 12:23 PM Re: very seroius question !!! ...srt4 OR the si
johnny Matrix Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Orlando, FL
Quote:

But the reason why I went with the SRT is that it's cheaper and faster.

cheaper doesn't always mean better. Trans am and z28's were fast as anything, but were built sooooooooo poorly.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop